F1

fergus90

I personally don't really rate either of them that high compared to Ferrari drivers of days gone by but the gap between Leclerc the flagship driver and Sainz isn't too big.

Leclerc seems to passive to me and accepting of circus strategies, he also isn't shy of a mistake or two for someone who's meant to be lead driver for prestigious team. Fantastic over one lap on a Saturday though to be fair.

I'm not overly convinced Hamilton will be able to transform the team either. Seems more like a move to fulfil a childhood dream than have any hope of getting the team back to the top.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tough to say what happens when the 2026 regulations kick in tbh.
I think Ferrari are improving and making progress. Too bad we cannot poach Newey from Red Bull.

Windhook

This is a bad take.

Sainz is nowhere close to having the same pace as Leclerc. Even in today's race the only reason Leclerc kept locking up was because of an issue with the brakes after they replaced a part for today's race last night.

If you went to the other top teams and gave them a choice to sign one of Sainz or Leclerc not accounting for the drivers they already had I bet you my house none of them would choose Sainz.

Crazy how Leclerc with all these issues and supposedly bad driving still ends up ahead of Sainz at the end of the season?
Leclerc and Sainz never dominated each other. Leclerc has the better pace of course, he's no.1 in Ferrari, let's not forget. Sainz is this hired mercenary and still performs on equal terms with Leclerc. When Ferrari strategy doesn't fuck up. Sainz recently is in better form which is normal as now he has to prove himself he's worthy of Mercedes or Sergio Perez's spot in Red Bull.

It was expected - Leclerc is the Ferrari academy prodigy, of course they'd weigh in on him when it came down to who to replace for Hamilton. Barca DNA and now they sign veteran 40-year old Lewa in Lewis. Next season will be a shitshow for Ferrari with Hamilton no.1 and Leclerc no.2.

DonAK

Leclerc and Sainz never dominated over each other. Leclerc has the better pace of course, he's no.1 in Ferrari, let's not forget. Sainz is this hired mercenary and still performs on equal terms with Leclerc. When Ferrari strategy doesn't fuck up. Sainz recently is in better form which is normal, now he has to prove himself he's worthy of Mercedes or Sergio Perez's spot in Red Bull.

It was expected - Leclerc is the Ferrari academy prodigy, of course they'd weigh in on him when it came down to who to replace for Hamilton. Barca DNA and now they sign veteran 40-year old Lewa in Lewis. Next season will be a shitshow for Ferrari with Hamilton no.1 and Leclerc no.2.

Leclerc is better than Sainz on almost every metric, and Ferrari never treated their drivers as a #1 or #2 driver under Binotto which was an issue a lot of people pointed out in the 2022 season when Leclerc early on was competing with Verstappen for the WDC.

No one would choose Sainz over Leclerc as it makes no sense whatsoever as he isn't the better driver and is the older driver as well. I do wish Leclerc was a bit more proactive and didn't accept some of the BS strategy decisions and Sainz going all egoistical like in Monaco which cost him a surefire win. No way someone like Verstappen or Hamilton would accept that.

as for Sainz I don't think he has a shot at the Red Bull seat given how the Verstappens reportedly had an issue with his father's politicking years ago.

Maybe Mercedes, but doubtful considering they have their own very highly rated junior in F2 right now which is why they were hesitating giving Hamilton a long-term deal.

Windhook

Leclerc is better than Sainz on almost every metric, and Ferrari never treated their drivers as a #1 or #2 driver under Binotto which was an issue a lot of people pointed out in the 2022 season when Leclerc early on was competing with Verstappen for the WDC.

No one would choose Sainz over Leclerc as it makes no sense whatsoever as he isn't the better driver and is the older driver as well. I do wish Leclerc was a bit more proactive and didn't accept some of the BS strategy decisions and Sainz going all egoistical like in Monaco which cost him a surefire win. No way someone like Verstappen or Hamilton would accept that.

as for Sainz I don't think he has a shot at the Red Bull seat given how the Verstappens reportedly had an issue with his father's politicking years ago.

Maybe Mercedes, but doubtful considering they have their own very highly rated junior in F2 right now which is why they were hesitating giving Hamilton a long-term deal.
I honestly think Sainz has a great shot at Red Bull, being their own academy driver. He's a much better candidate than the smiley washed-up Ricciardo or the Honda-sponsored Tsunoda to make it up the top spot. Depends on how Sainz performs this season.

Similar line of thoughts on Mercedes - it would be a back-grid McLaren move to gamble on a rookie driver for Toto Wolff. Mercedes usually send their rookies to Williams, where they badly need to replace Logan Sargeant, but this guy has some huge financial backing with family ties.

DonAK

I honestly think Sainz has a great shot at Red Bull, being their own academy driver. He's a much better candidate than the smiley washed-up Ricciardo or the Honda-sponsored Tsunoda to make it up the top spot. Depends on how Sainz performs this season.

Similar line of thoughts on Mercedes - it would be a back-grid McLaren move to gamble on a rookie driver for Toto Wolff. Mercedes usually send their rookies to Williams, where they badly need to replace Logan Sargeant, but this guy has some huge financial backing with family ties.
Agree with you about Ricciardo and Tsunoda who's still way too immature.
I think Mercedes at most offer him a one-year deal, perhaps Red Bull too. Audi in 2026 seems like the move for him IMO.

DonAK

Need to offer Newey a blank cheque.
He always said he wanted to work with Hamilton and for Ferrari, but various circumstances didn't allow for it to happen.

Time to leave a potential sinking ship.

DonAK

Very nice of Redbull to completely implode backstage

Say whatever you want about Verstappen, but if he follows up on leaving Red Bull and essentially throwing away a likely guaranteed title next year as well if they fire Helmut Marko then his loyalty to him is admirable.

El Gato

Villarato!
Not 100 on it but this is what I read

The Principal with allegeations is backed to stay. Hes believed to be backed by the Thai camp with 51% ownership while Austrian camp have 49% but Helmut Marko (an olden director) and the Verstappens on their side. They're making a big show off the results parading Horners wife around the paddock etc. Amidst all that, there are still leaks about the internal dealings that led to Horner being cleared of wrongdoing so they're looking for a mole and they think it's Marko who they're going to suspend. And Max is following on threats to leave if he goes - has a clause in his contract allowing him to take an early exit out of his 2026 deal

That + now apparently the woman is getting 1 million in hush money + NDA

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Not 100 on it but this is what I read

The Principal with allegeations is backed to stay. Hes believed to be backed by the Thai camp with 51% ownership while Austrian camp have 49% but Helmut Marko (an olden director) and the Verstappens on their side. They're making a big show off the results parading Horners wife around the paddock etc. Amidst all that, there are still leaks about the internal dealings that led to Horner being cleared of wrongdoing so they're looking for a mole and they think it's Marko who they're going to suspend. And Max is following on threats to leave if he goes - has a clause in his contract allowing him to take an early exit out of his 2026 deal

That + now apparently the woman is getting 1 million in hush money + NDA
Don’t watch F1 much but invested to some degree because of max.

Appreciated.

Windhook

Jos Verstappen and Christian Horner had a heated argument post-race in Bahrain. I guess the rumors of 51% Thai ownership backing Horner are true and the 49% want him gone. It's bad rep for Max. I find it ironic that Red Bull completely fit the legendary Gunther Steiner of Haas phrase: "We look like a bunch of wankers" now with the leaked dick pic and chat of "exploding" Horner.:lol:

Anyway it's either Horner or Verstappen. Civil war at Red Bull.

Home of Barca Fans