Erling Haaland

jairzinho

"Barca style" really only worked once and might even in his prime not be as effective today as it was back then since the whole world adapted to it. It also required specific players who were the absolute top tier elite in their field and which are right now not at disposal in the squad, and not really realistically on the market aswell. For now the core basics don't even work, yet fans demand to push for advancements in fancyness and every forward needs to essentially be a No.10. Wouldn't it be better to lay out a basic formula that works and can be competetive in Europe, and only then gradually add all these nostalgic pieces into a working end product?

I mean a No. 9 capable of scoring 40 goals a season sounds just great and required. Why do people feel the need to overcomplicate simple things?

I agree. Most top clubs and NT use a genuine 9. Not some hybrid winger/no.10/false 9 or whatever you want to call it. Only at Barca that would happen because we love to experiment too much and be too unorthodox. Best to keep things simple. Because a false 9 with Messi worked before doesn't mean it would work now. The game has evolved. A player like Depay up front in that role would be a disaster.

Even now, Messi as the most advanced player doesn't work. There's so many things wrong with that approach when he's drifting and roaming all over the place playing in a free role. Our attacking play right now is really disjointed because there's too many similiar players in attack,

Last edited:

fergus90

What impresses me is how he often makes chances for himself, a slight hit and hope ball over the top and he can use his power,speed and strength to make a chance for himself where 99% of most strikers would get squeezed out by the centre backs.

For all his goals Dortmund don't actually create bundles of clear cut chances, it's scary to think the numbers he could put up for the Bayern's, Barca's etc.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

What impresses me is how he often makes chances for himself, a slight hit and hope ball over the top and he can use his power,speed and strength to make a chance for himself where 99% of most strikers would get squeezed out by the centre backs.

For all his goals Dortmund don't actually create bundles of clear cut chances, it's scary to think the numbers he could put up for the Bayern's, Barca's etc.

+1

I think with Bayern he would score 60-70 goals per season.

Batistuta9

His shooting technique is different. If he learns to dribble he could win the ballon dor in a few years.

He doesn't need to learn how to dribble to win the ballon dor. Lewandowski would have won it if there was one this year. He just needs to go to a CL winning team and score around 50-60 goals and he should win.

Morten

Haaland after losing to Bayern : I have to score more goals.

Great attitude, always looking for more, even though he is a world class goalscorer already.

Jenks

Haaland after losing to Bayern : I have to score more goals.

Great attitude, always looking for more, even though he is a world class goalscorer already.

In fairness he did not have a good game aside from the goal, he made a mess of quite a few chances by his standards.

olivis

He doesn't need to learn how to dribble to win the ballon dor. Lewandowski would have won it if there was one this year. He just needs to go to a CL winning team and score around 50-60 goals and he should win.

Lewandowski is quite a decent dribbler though.

Haaland by the way is just such a physical beast. And that at 20. His pace is immense, and that along with his size is like a huge tank racing over the pitch.

He completely outmuscled Jerome Boateng on a few occasions yesterday. Boateng who is one of the physically strongest defenders in the game.

I really want this guy here. No excuses about fitting the system blablabla this system hasn't worked for years. Lets build around Haaland.

Batistuta9

Lewandowski is quite a decent dribbler though.

Haaland by the way is just such a physical beast. And that at 20. His pace is immense, and that along with his size is like a huge tank racing over the pitch.

He completely outmuscled Jerome Boateng on a few occasions yesterday. Boateng who is one of the physically strongest defenders in the game.

I really want this guy here. No excuses about fitting the system blablabla this system hasn't worked for years. Lets build around Haaland.

Lewandowski has good ball control but I wouldn't go as far as saying he is a decent dribbler. If you look at his stats I'm pretty sure his dribbles attempted would probably less than one a game.

As for haaland, I think most Barca fans would want him. It doesn't matter what we want though, it's whoever the club decides to go for. Just like most fans didn't want griezmann, but we bought him anyway.

BBZ8800

If he learns to dribble he could win the ballon dor in a few years.

Which current player is even his competition?
Only Neymar, Lewa and Salah currently.
But they are old-ish.

Currently there are no other young Ballon D Or candidates.
Mbappe stagnated in the last few years and is nowhere near Halaand's level.

Joao Felix is good lately also.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
I'm in, get him. Can't see him failing at any club in the world, he's too good of a goalscorer to do so.

gasgas

Just imagine,

.....................Ter stegen
Dest.......Araujo....Upamecano.....Gaya
...Camavinga....De jong.....Pedri
Dembele......Haaland.....Fati

There's so much i'd want to say to you, but i don't speak spanish :banghead:

Home of Barca Fans