Erling Haaland

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Now we know why this guy is a goalscoring machine:

"I remember always watching Cristiano Ronaldo on YouTube for his movements in the box," Haaland says.
"He used to make two or three moves before attacking the space he wanted to be in. It's kind of a duel in that situation with the centre-backs.
"It is important to time it perfectly. And the post must be good. If you don't get a good cross, you won't be able to score with your head. How Cristiano moves, and how he has managed to develop his game.""It is incredible for him that he manages. But also how he scores the goals. It is the small movements in the box, and being able to deceive the defenders."

Temptation

Really? I saw full highlights of Erling but they didnt show it? :unsure: ok but the goal was still nice :sherlock:
City created plenty of good situations throughout the game.

One super close range tapin was saved by Allison. At the very end, from a corner, he headed it wide. Skied one shot over the post too. This is just off the top of my head. There are more.

He gets countless chances every single game. Dream scenario for a striker.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

City created plenty of good situations throughout the game.

One super close range tapin was saved by Allison. At the very end, from a corner, he headed it wide. Skied one shot over the post too. This is just off the top of my head. There are more.

He gets countless chances every single game. Dream scenario for a striker.

Yeah he misses too many chances usually, if he would improve his finishing skills he can score 70 goals per season :lol:

Temptation

Yeah he misses too many chances usually, if he would improve his finishing skills he can score 70 goals per season :lol:

Prime CR7/RL9 were exactly the same. Got into plenty of goalscoring positions. It's like they could smell where the ball would end up. It's an art. Only folks who have played the game at a decent level will understand this.

Hallmark of a GOAT tier goalscorer.

Morten

Prime CR7/RL9 were exactly the same. Got into plenty of goalscoring positions. It's like they could smell where the ball would end up. It's an art. Only folks who have played the game at a decent level will understand this.

Hallmark of a GOAT tier goalscorer.

Objectively speaking though, it is harder to do it in Epl or la liga, Bundesliga is the most open and highest scoring top league around.

Morten

I doubt it, to reach that mark, you can't just be a poacher, you need the capability of creating a few goals of your own.

Haaland is a magnificent poacher, but he doesn't have the skill set to do the unexpected.

Temptation

Objectively speaking though, it is harder to do it in Epl or la liga, Bundesliga is the most open and highest scoring top league around.

According to records, CL has been tough to score in for most strikers. Exceptional CL scoring records are a big indicator.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I doubt it, to reach that mark, you can't just be a poacher, you need the capability of creating a few goals of your own.

Haaland is a magnificent poacher, but he doesn't have the skill set to do the unexpected.

normally yes but city creates so many chances that you can be a poacher and score 70 goals imo, for example last season he had 52 goals and missed tons of chances. Imagine he would have buried half of the chances he would have had at least 65 or something.

Morten

normally yes but city creates so many chances that you can be a poacher and score 70 goals imo, for example last season he had 52 goals and missed tons of chances. Imagine he would have buried half of the chances he would have had at least 65 or something.

He didn't really miss a ton of chances, he overperformed expected goals actually, by quite a bit.

Compared to most strikers, he is actually quite clinical.

behindbrowneyes

I opened this thread and been following him since his Salzburg days.

He is doing it at the 3rd club on an European level now and calling him a poacher or he is missing lots of chances that City team is creating for him etc. is just a huge understatement of his qualities.

There were some guys who looked like the next big thing but only managed to do it at one club for a period of time. Now compare that to him and only check his stats. Dude is almost averaging a goal per game since his Red Bull days.

185 goals in 188 games at the age of 23 (!) playing for 3 different teams. Add assists to that and he is averaging more than one goal contribution per game. These are sick numbers.

Not only that. He is a true professional and living his life for the game. Add making smart career decisions to that. Could have taken the money road to the PL after Salzburg rather than making the smarter move for his development.

The test will be whether he can keep doing it but I don't see how you stop him. He is bigger, faster and stronger than 'everybody' else, his movement is fantastic and his touch to get a shot away almost perfect.

Sure he is surrounded by the best players and the best coach. That's how it is. Like attracts like. He has earned his spot there and rightfully had the opportunity to pick any top team to play for. And his choice couldn't have been any smarter.

Home of Barca Fans