Erling Braut Haaland

Xaviniesta

Both him and Zlatan are useless in the air despite being tall and strong.

Zlatan did improve his heading a little bit once he hit 30.
it's funny... you have 6'4" van dijk who scores headers for fun during corners. then you have this 6'4" plank of wood who is absolutely useless in the air. what's the point of pep signing him if Haaland can't offer another dimension to city's game?

Daisymorr

Mbappe > Haaland.
Haaland physical freak, speed strength but limited footballer.

Mbappe has it all. With the right coach pushing him he could be even better than he already is.
If he joins RM, that could be the push he needs to jump a level,
Haaland on the other hand seems to have gone back a little and has become a little too nice. He needs a Zlatan mentality

Morten

Mbappe > Haaland.
Haaland physical freak, speed strength but limited footballer.

Mbappe has it all. With the right coach pushing him he could be even better than he already is.
If he joins RM, that could be the push he needs to jump a level,
Haaland on the other hand seems to have gone back a little and has become a little too nice. He needs a Zlatan mentality

Great striker, but honestly, rather poor in big games, particulary in Europe, not the mentality monster some have him out to be.

Daisymorr

Great striker, but honestly, rather poor in big games, particulary in Europe, not the mentality monster some have him out to be.
Yes i agree, he has become a little too "smiley" this year on the pitch.
You want him to be aggressive and bully people.
He needs to get that ruthless streak.

If he wants to be a great then he has to win the big games for his club. Not just wait for tap ins.
He doesn't have the skill, touch or aggression of Zlatan but he has speed and power so he needs to use it more often start dominating defenders.
For me this year he has played far too much with a smile on his face. If he was an angry aggressive forward he could be a beast again

Morten

Yes i agree, he has become a little too "smiley" this year on the pitch.
You want him to be aggressive and bully people.
He needs to get that ruthless streak.

If he wants to be a great then he has to win the big games for his club. Not just wait for tap ins.
He doesn't have the skill, touch or agression of Zlatan but he has speed and power so he needs to use it more often start dominating defenders.
For me this year he has played far too much with a smile on his face. If he was an angry agressive forward he could be a beast again

I was talking about Zlatan now, not Haaland.

fergus90

When teams sit deep he is absolutely useless. The problem is, a lot of teams do that for most of the game against City.

Having said that he still does get chances regularly despite this but they're often headers and for a lad of his size, he's poor he is in the air. He seems to jump too early almost on every header.

When he has space to exploit his strengths he is a certified goal machine.

Daisymorr

I was talking about Zlatan now, not Haaland.
Fair comment. My point is that I just want him to be more like Zlatan in the mentality side.
Haaland's phyisical attributes are undoubtably incredible, I just think he needs to be matched with a much more determind mindset.

Basically Haalands physical attributes with Zlatans mindset.

Daisymorr

Agree with that. If he could learn to head the ball properly with would really help against deep defences.
When teams sit deep he is absolutely useless. The problem is, a lot of teams do that for most of the game against City.

Having said that he still does get chances regularly despite this but they're often headers and for a lad of his size, he's poor he is in the air. He seems to jump too early almost on every header.

When he has space to exploit his strengths he is a certified goal machine

Morten

Fair comment. My point is that I just want him to be more like Zlatan in the mentality side.
Haaland's phyisical attributes are undoubtably incredible, I just think he needs to be matched with a much more determind mindset.

Basically Haalands physical attributes with Zlatans mindset.

Zlatans mindset/mentality is a bit of a myth though, he acts all alpha, but you can probably count on one hand, the time he has shown up in a knock-out match in the UCL.

He played for some of the best teams in Europe during his career too, to make matters worse.

Home of Barca Fans