Eric García

Riordon

I cannot understand how he ended up on the big stage. He is not good enough for a team like Everton but ends up at City and now here. Just get rid of this soft shit pleeease.

Because he is Catalan and Puyol is his agent. For that reason Xavi will keep playing him

JohnN

Gifted a penalty for no reason in the first minutes. And to top it off, miguenza fucks up being too cute and we conceded a wonder goal. This one is clearly on the bad level of certain players.
Garcia is proving to be Lenglet 2.0

serghei

Gifted a penalty for no reason in the first minutes. And to top it off, miguenza fucks up being too cute and we conceded a wonder goal. This one is clearly on the bad level of certain players.
Garcia is proving to be Lenglet 2.0

Someone combined the DNA genome of both Bartra and Lenglet and created Garcia.

mc_lovin

The penalty scene is rough to watch and it goes on for ages :lol:

We could have really used Kessie and Christensen last night. Line-up instantly would have looked a few classes better. Age distribution was shit. But fullbacks worry me the most, no idea what we can do there.

Neeraj

He might have very quickly be the worst CB I have ever seen play for us. And oh boy have we had some clowns at the back.

Don't see him leaving this summer though; biggish name Catalan homeboy with connected agents....yeah he's going to be here next season.

Laplacian

It's easy with him. Boss the game and his passing becomes evident and an asset. Face an adverse team that puts you under pressure, and he collapses like a sack of potatoes.

No backbone and grit with this guy. The anti-Mascherano, the anti-Rafa Marquez, or Puyol. To go from these warriors to scared babies like Garcia is a major reason for these disasters. He doesn't even have facial hair. He looks like the man version of the child that stars in Johnson's Baby shampoos commercials.

He does have facial hair, he just shaves lol...

Look at his face more clearly, you can clearly see shadows on where his facial hair is supposed to be.

Asylum15

We've had some bad defenders over the years but this guy is quickly shooting into No. 1 position.
He's got no physical attributes at all, no strength, no speed, no change of direction, no agility.

Well, football is not always about physical attributes, so he's got a brain right?
(See penalty conceded last night and countless other mindless errors all season)

If Xavi starts him in another game before the season ends then he will lose trust from me, the guy is not even good enough for Barca B.

Asylum15

The penalty scene is rough to watch and it goes on for ages :lol:

We could have really used Kessie and Christensen last night. Line-up instantly would have looked a few classes better. Age distribution was shit. But fullbacks worry me the most, no idea what we can do there.

Jordi Alba's saving grace was always his recovery pace but at his age now, thats declining so fast.
He was murdered in a footrace at one point last night against their right sided winger.
Add into the equation his fragile mentality and we've a very volitile fullback who should be phased out.

mc_lovin

I mean he's still better than Lenglet :p That's his competition.

But honestly it feels like Xavi isn't too high on Garcia either.

Blinkfloyd

No he is not better than lenglet at defending. Lenglet might have had more errors over his career. Eric is still young.
But if you look at the way penalty was conceded he literally had no intention to play ball. Just hug and do a wwe stunt.
Same with Levante over the weekend
The way the penalties are conceded are the worrisome signs.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

I mean he's still better than Lenglet :p That's his competition.

But honestly it feels like Xavi isn't too high on Garcia either.
We wouldn't have signed Christensen if we thought Garcia can be a solution.

He's a sub/situational starter when we are looking for ball progression from defense but like I previously wrote he cannot be trusted in any big or important game as he will make a catastrophic error.

I hope he is realising he needs to beat himself into shape instead of this skinny fat thing he has going on. The CBs of his size past and present (Kounde, Puyol,Cannavaro,Mash etc) are all extremely strong and athletic.

Home of Barca Fans