Eric Abidal

Doobs

The Messiah
I don't know but it feels like a heartless decision by the club. We don't know Abi's requirements for renewing because it's true he wouldn't get to play as much. Either way, this a sad day for the club. We've lost not only a WORLD CLASS player but a warrior and a great guy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe Laporta should stand for election..... The only notable thing this board have done is with reducing the debt.

F

Flavia

This board is just a joke in general. It's not just this. I can partially understand their decision if they think Abidal is not good enough to play for the first team anymore.

But ask yourself, why is it that Pep left? Then Bojan, Romeu, Fontas are shipped out, Cuenca is sent on loan, Montoya, Bartra, Tello, Thiago, get very little playing time this year, Muniesa is allowed to walk for free, Deulofeu & Rafinha look to be loaned out and big money is spent on Neymar, Song, Alexis, Cesc, Adriano when players form the cantera can do the same job, that those guys have done. Something is very wrong overall with this board.

All the shit that is going on this year is not a coincidence.

Since Pep left everything's going downhill, sadly. And when I learned his friendship with Tito changed, and they barely talk now, it made clear something serious is going on.
But at least Abi'll be back when retired.

BarcaGirl

I really would like to know if Rosell have dared to do this if Pep was still in charge?

I just have this feeling that Tito is nothing more than a puppet for Rosell, and that's why he was appointed as coach.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
This board is just a joke in general. It's not just this. I can partially understand their decision if they think Abidal is not good enough to play for the first team anymore.

At least they signed Neymar for a reasonably price.

Garrus

But ask yourself, why is it that Pep left? Then Bojan, Romeu, Fontas are shipped out, Cuenca is sent on loan, Montoya, Bartra, Tello, Thiago, get very little playing time this year, Muniesa is allowed to walk for free, Deulofeu & Rafinha look to be loaned out and big money is spent on Neymar, Song, Alexis, Cesc, Adriano when players form the cantera can do the same job, that those guys have done. Something is very wrong overall with this board.

All the shit that is going on this year is not a coincidence.
Ha??
You just randomly mentioned unrelated things, And made connections that don't exist.

Galning

At least they signed Neymar for a reasonably price.

Neymar is the least of my worries.

Ha??
You just randomly mentioned unrelated things, And made connections that don't exist.

Where do I make connections? I say that there's been shit coming out of the club ever since Pep left and I can smell it in my backyard, that's how big it is. Obviously this has nothing to do with Abidal leaving, but I assume you were able to read that in my first sentence.
Valdés leaving as well... there's so many examples that smell fishy.

Stric

Photos from the press conference in the news all around the world. Of course, nobody failed to mention that Abidal wanted to continue in Barca, and the board said no. Great reputation, Rosell!

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Photos from the press conference in the news all around the world. Of course, nobody failed to mention that Abidal wanted to continue in Barca, and the board said no. Great reputation, Rosell!
Yeah, the comments on the articles are true, but sad. :(

sabby

I really would like to know if Rosell have dared to do this if Pep was still in charge?

I just have this feeling that Tito is nothing more than a puppet for Rosell, and that's why he was appointed as coach.

Me too. The whole club management/board stinks of SH!T now. Even coming from that life threatening disease, he's shown better form than Pique. They couldn't give him another year extension ? BullSh!t. Its just hard to see that even with the squad we have now and adding a couple of new players, we could have been winning trophies left and right if it wasn't for the stupid management and board.

Home of Barca Fans