Emiliano Martinez 'Dibu'

fergus90

Emery didn't fancy him much at Arsenal, I would not be surprised if we are willing to ship for 50mil in the summer.

KingLeo10

1 tournament/Brief Period wonder. There's a reason why no one heard about him for a decade.

He was dominant at both the Copa America 2 years ago and this past WC though.

He's just a different player for Argentina when more is at stake.

Not a day in, day out world class goalie like a Neuer, which is no shame.

At least he is clutch when it matters.

Temptation

He was dominant at both the Copa America 2 years ago and this past WC though.

He's just a different player for Argentina when more is at stake.

Not a day in, day out world class goalie like a Neuer, which is no shame.

At least he is clutch when it matters.

He isn't beneficial for his club though. That's a huge red mark. He was only good for a little while at Arsenal when he broke through.

Rory

Nonsense, in his first season at Villa he equalled their clean sheets record for a premier league season. Considering Villa have had far better sides since the prem began that's a very good record to share.

fergus90

He was class for us which is why he got into the Argentina squad in the first place but he's been nothing short of awful since he's returned from Qatar.

soul24rage

Yeah, Dibu was good during Arsenal's FA Cup run and also the 1st season at Aston Villa.

His level at Aston Villa did drop, but not sure how much having the WC in the middle of the season impacted his game.

My GK :wub:

KingLeo10

He was class for us which is why he got into the Argentina squad in the first place but he's been nothing short of awful since he's returned from Qatar.

Tbh, his body language shows he's achieved his sporting objective in life.

I think you guys should cash in on him. Could easily fetch 50-60 M for a WC winner/golden gloves winner who had the most clutch save of football history.

Usually I'd advocate for Emi instead of MATS but MATS has been playing lights out and Emi is kind of bad with his feet :lol:

fergus90

We got rid of Neil Cutler when Emery arrived whom he had a very close bond with, so that could have impacted him greatly too.

He disobeyed the manager today too and went up for a corner, which we went on to concede from.

ajnotkeith

I think you guys should cash in on him. Could easily fetch 50-60 M for a WC winner/golden gloves winner who had the most clutch save of football history.

Usually I'd advocate for Emi instead of MATS but MATS has been playing lights out and Emi is kind of bad with his feet :lol:

Doubt they even get 30 tbh. Martinez is nowhere near MATS level and in truth has been pretty average for Villa. Was shocking today, sometimes watching him it's like every shot on target is a goal.

Conceded a lot during WC too but will have a memorable campaign because of his great penalty-saving ability, something he is truly good at. But it rarely comes into play in club level. On top of that he seems to be very arrogant and there was already rumours Emery wanted him out for his attitude.

Doubt any club better than Villa will want him as their starter and if they do he will be out the next summer.

fergus90

I think we will try to sell him in the summer. If we had any sort of reasonable backup he'd be dropped i'm sure of it.

fergus90

I personally think his head has gone since the WC and now thinks he should be playing at a title fighting club. Which is fair enough but there's still three months of the season to go yet.

He's time wasting all game, his distribution is currently ridiculously bad, and he's not saving anything on target.

Emery speaking out against him in todays post-match presser could potentially make things uncomfortable, especially as he's currently captain too.

Porque

Messi needs to get a word in PSG ear about Dibu being the missing piece for the CL. Can even role it into the contract renewal negotiations like how he wanted Luis Suarez to also get a vip box if he renewed.

Home of Barca Fans