EL: Manchester United - FC Barcelona (4-3)

Devils

Xavi is just terrible.

Never seen a manager get schooled in Europe like he does.

Almost a blessing we go out at the group stages. IF we actually somehow got to the quarter finals or something, Xavi would probably be pulling off the Setien special and get 8 goals put passed him in a single match.

Schooled every single time.

ajnotkeith

Xavi is just terrible.

Never seen a manager get schooled in Europe like he does.

Almost a blessing we go out at the group stages. IF we actually somehow got to the quarter finals or something, Xavi would probably be pulling off the Setien special and get 8 goals put passed him in a single match.

Schooled every single time.

I don't think he's terrible. He's average or above average - great in league terrible in Europe.

We shouldn't sack him without an A tier manager stepping in for him, but it's a shame we didn't wait for ETH.

Porque

All the recent coaches are form the same mould. They all want to turn back time and fail to realize times have changed. As long we stick with this (false) Barca DNA we wont winn anything in Europe.

In regards to yesterdays game, perhaps the midfield was not close enough. But stylistically there was not much more that could be done without pace upfront. Long balls to the attacks like how Man U hurt us with? Lewa has holding up nothing while Raphi can't dribble his way out of a dummy. Only way that works is if we went to Balde, which happens a few times, or if Dembele was playing.

Tie was lost in the first leg by deciding to play our 24th different back four, and shifting out both our CBs.

Devils

I don't think he's terrible. He's average or above average - great in league terrible in Europe.

We shouldn't sack him without an A tier manager stepping in for him, but it's a shame we didn't wait for ETH.

Not sure if I would call him great. We've struggled in many games in the league and have grinded out wins.

Tuchel is available. Far ahead of Xavi is every aspect.

ajnotkeith

Not sure if I would call him great. We've struggled in many games in the league and have grinded out wins.

We have definitely been lucky with opponents missing out chances and grinding out wins. 8 points is maybe too much for what we've shown as we could easily have dropped many more points. But I feel the grinding out wins is by design, Xavi has recognised (or I'd like to think) that the quality of attackers in the league is poor and defending leads is relatively easily.

The problem is taking that style to Europe doesn't work as there are good fast attackers ready to pounce.

Givenchy

They will never hire Tuchel.. doesn't fit the Barca dogma and he's not an ex-player or Catalan which is all that matters to the club these days. Getting knocked out every season? It's fine as we are Barca and we play only one way, nobody can take that away from us. Mes que un club or something.

Sarcasm aside, I remember as a kid being called a glory hunter by EPLtards because I supported Barca, these days there's nothing glorious about being a cule, it's a chore supporting this club at times, trapped in a time loop and scandal after scandal.

malvolio

In regards to yesterdays game, perhaps the midfield was not close enough. But stylistically there was not much more that could be done without pace upfront. Long balls to the attacks like how Man U hurt us with? Lewa has holding up nothing while Raphi can't dribble his way out of a dummy. Only way that works is if we went to Balde, which happens a few times, or if Dembele was playing.

Tie was lost in the first leg by deciding to play our 24th different back four, and shifting out both our CBs.

We conceded the same number of goals in both matches. Let's ease off on the excuses about missing the starting backline. That backline and midfield are not that good at defending vs good teams.

malvolio

They will never hire Tuchel.. doesn't fit the Barca dogma and he's not an ex-player or Catalan which is all that matters to the club these days. Getting knocked out every season? It's fine as we are Barca and we play only one way, nobody can take that away from us. Mes que un club or something.

Sarcasm aside, I remember as a kid being called a glory hunter by EPLtards because I supported Barca, these days there's nothing glorious about being a cule, it's a chore supporting this club at times, trapped in a time loop and scandal after scandal.

We played the peak Barca/tikitaka style only with Pep. Currently we play just like any other team, because aside from Busi no player we have is on the same level as Pep era when it comes to passing and understanding positional play.

PhilS

Man U are quite q good team now, I expect them to win the Premier League.

Xavi outcouched he hhhimself in the first game, scrambling the back line.

It is clear that this Barca team lacks depth. Minus Gavi, Pedri and Dembele, not enough offensive impetus was left, outside of Balde. With the Gala 11, Barca would have passed better, had better pressure on the ball.

I am encouraged by the significant improvement this year over last year, even though the team is still not ready to compete with the best of Europe. Before the start of the season, I gladly would have accepted winning "only" La Liga.

Porque

We conceded the same number of goals in both matches. Let's ease off on the excuses about missing the starting backline. That backline and midfield are not that good at defending vs good teams.

We conceded more chances in the home game than the away game. And of those chances conceded, the majority took place before the defensive switch.

Nucky

True but Tuchel doesn't has any history with Barca so they will never hire him, considiring that Barca can still win domestic double Xavi won't be fired.. Only if he manages to fuck up both cup and league wich i doubt he will..

Home of Barca Fans