Dani Olmo

serghei

There’s no way this actually happens. Laporta isn’t that dumb.

Wouldn't be the first time when a President or a Director of Football would rate a player differently than many fans. That's another massive gamble though...

When you land players like Depay for free, spending 60m on Olmo seems counterintuitive. At 30-40m it makes a lot of sense if he comes with a low salary, at 60m it smells like a tricky gamble for us.

One thing is for sure. None of our midfielders has scoring potential. AT ALL. De Jong needs to replace Busi, and Pedri's scoring ability is weak imo. This leaves an opening for an AM with a good workrate to help out in midfield and bag some goals in bigger games too.

But I would pass for Olmo and put all the money on a top 9. The problem is Haaland is out of reach for us, and there's no one else who is enticing in the position.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Honestly, player price and cost are two different things atm.
60M price is only part of the cost, same with Halaand's 70M for example, at the end the cost is totally different.

Regarding Olmo, I think atm he is a very frustrating player to watch, but honestly I think he has a massive potential that is wirth gambling on.
Thing is, we aren't in a position to take such gamble.

Anyway, it is FIFA stoppage rumour in September, which scream total bs rumour.

serghei

Honestly, player price and cost are two different things atm.
60M price is only part of the cost, same with Halaand's 70M for example, at the end the cost is totally different.

Regarding Olmo, I think atm he is a very frustrating player to watch, but honestly I think he has a massive potential that is wirth gambling on.
Thing is, we aren't in a position to take such gamble.

Anyway, it is FIFA stoppage rumour in September, which scream total bs rumour.

But, as per the rumors, the transfer fee Leipzig is demanding would be the problem. The other costs tied to this transfer would be pretty low.

Maybe we could ask Bayern to place the bid for us instead. If they see it's coming from one of their official club emails or something, they could take 50% off.

ronniecro

wow i guess we really yearn for new la masia face of the club after messi. i'm not including fati because i'm affraid he's not reaching his levels before the injury

Porque

In hindsight, thankfully we decided to go for Ferran and not Dani Olmo with this new found transfer capital.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good stuff.

Not really an AM, not really a winger, not really a striker, and not good enough to start for a top team being the kind of weird hybrid player he is.

Would have been a poor man's version of Joao Felix at Barca.

Home of Barca Fans