Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

JackaL

:lol: True. Hurts so much to be a football player... Truly a life and death thing.

Don't be that person. If people on this forum are throwing tantrums like this, you can certainly believe they have emotions and feelings too including feeling like idiots. But my comment was not about being compassionate, more like the fucked up situation. It will be hard for this team to forget the two disasters, even if you look at both Roma and LFC games separately, analyze situations etc. Feelings usually don't listen to facts.

JackaL

They are multi-millionaires with lifestyles you and me can not even dream of. Moreover, they are worshiped as demi-gods or superheroes. Young and beautiful women want to suck their dicks. They did not even make it out of high school.

Yes, we should feel for them.

Seems like one is jealous his dick is not getting sucked by beautiful women, work on it, you might have success too. Honestly, the way you and your likes post here, I doubt you feel anything beyond your own ignorance. Even if you, somehow, made it out of high school. So no need to continue this ridiculous discussion.

raskolnikov

They are multi-millionaires with lifestyles you and me can not even dream of. Moreover, they are worshiped as demi-gods or superheroes. Young and beautiful women want to suck their dicks. They did not even make it out of high school.

Yes, we should feel for them.
This scene from a bronx tale sums it up perfectly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Md2vBiNm7W0

I feel sorry for the fans more than the players.

serghei

Don't be that person. If people on this forum are throwing tantrums like this, you can certainly believe they have emotions and feelings too including feeling like idiots. But my comment was not about being compassionate, more like the fucked up situation. It will be hard for this team to forget the two disasters, even if you look at both Roma and LFC games separately, analyze situations etc. Feelings usually don't listen to facts.

The best, most constructive feeling and emotion that the fan base can transmit to this team right now is rage and verbal abuse. It is one of those moments where it's beyond what can be accepted.

Only way we can turn the page in CL now is with a 'that's enough' moment. Manager first, than complacent overpaid veterans who enjoyed far too much comfort for the crap they served in Europe all these recent years.

Last edited:
Imo, this is worse than Roma. Last year I knew that even if we have gotten past Roma, it would be very difficult to win it all. Messi wasn't playing that well on UCL and Liverpool, Bayern or Real Madrid could eliminate us on semi finals. I think we would actually be underdog against any of them in semi final, except maybe Real Madrid, but even against them it would be 50-50.

It feels worse this time because we had Messi in great form and we were heavy favorites do win this UCL after the 3-0 on Camp Nou. Also, we got an even better result this time than we did against Roma in the first leg.

Actually, I think that against Roma was more humiliating, but this one against Liverpool is harder to accept because it feels like we threw away a big opportunity to win another UCL.

FinBarcelonafan

If we keep these same players till next season we will turn into a ManU, living in their past glory. Sell Busquests. Sell Rakitic. Sell Suarez. All these guys needs to be replaced.

FinBarcelonafan

Imo, this is worse than Roma. Last year I knew that even if we have gotten past Roma, it would be very difficult to win it all. Messi wasn't playing that well on UCL and Liverpool, Bayern or Real Madrid could eliminate us on semi finals. I think we would actually be underdog against any of them in semi final, except maybe Real Madrid, but even against them it would be 50-50.

It feels worse this time because we had Messi in great form and we were heavy favorites do win this UCL after the 3-0 on Camp Nou. Also, we got an even better result this time than we did against Roma in the first leg.

Actually, I think that against Roma was more humiliating, but this one against Liverpool is harder to accept because it feels like we threw away a big opportunity to win another UCL.

This is much worse. 3-0 lead. All we needed was one goal and they were missing two the best players. It's disaster. Valverde should be sacked this minute.

wisconsincule

If we keep these same players till next season we will turn into a ManU, living in their past glory. Sell Busquests. Sell Rakitic. Sell Suarez. All these guys needs to be replaced.

Getting rid of the veterans is prolly the move to make but there is a 0% chance it actually happens. The only possible one would maybe be Rakitic. If Valverde stays we keep all 3 and get to play every single match with them again.

It boils down to Valverde not having any control over the core of the team.

FinBarcelonafan

Getting rid of the veterans is prolly the move to make but there is a 0% chance it actually happens. The only possible one would maybe be Rakitic. If Valverde stays we keep all 3 and get to play every single match with them again.

It boils down to Valverde not having any control over the core of the team.

Something needs to change. We need more fresh blood. We need players who are hungry for success, not these overeaten, bellies full of veterans.

Rakitic is a good start.

This team plays with zero intensity. We need movement and speed. We are lacking.

This is much worse. 3-0 lead. All we needed was one goal and they were missing two the best players. It's disaster. Valverde should be sacked this minute.

I think that against Roma was more humiliating because they are a pretty average team. Liverpool may lose a lot without Firmino and Salah but they're still a better side than Roma and it is much harder to play at Anfield than Olimpico Stadium. But yeah, I do think that this is much worse, but it's only because we were favorites to win this UCL. We missed a huge opportunity there.

Howlgrana

The team heartbeat is the midfield. Next year the team needs to be built around Arthur, De Jong and another technical young MF player on rotation with Busi.

Alena needs to play, sell Coutinho and get a striker ffs, having only Suarez and Boateng is mad.

I would like to see Umtiti develop more but Lenglet starting. We can use Pique's experience for another couple years. Stegan in goal.

Arthur, De Jong, Alena, Dembele, Lenglet and Ter Stegen is a quality spine that is very youthful and can form a formidable team with veterans around them.

Newrules

I do Think we should be positive about our Artur,messi,some more. The team doesnt have the stability to win against Liverpool etc.
But we need to look forward and im gonna enjoy the CL final.

Wambo

I am not as emotionally invested in team as I was some 5-6yrs ago when Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol,Valdes were active and for me the 7-0 against Bayern was more devastating than this. Since than Barcelona almost never played at the highest possible level in the UCl besides a few matches in 2015 ( we got lucky with getting weak PSG and Bayern that season) like the final against Juve. How is that even possible? How can a club allow themselves to rely on one single player like Messi and expect him to carry on the team for whole fucking 7 seasons? The defense issues were never fixed and they were always masked by a supposedly strong midfield and attack, and when they don't deliver the whole thing fails apart. Why is it so hard to fire Pique and get some quality cbs? The transfer decisions of the board are truly bizarre with all the +100€ signings of instagram brats who care more about their video games and likes than the club they play for. What was the last time we signed someone who actually made a difference? Maybe Suarez, that's about it. Messi should just leave this place, they are not worthy of him.

Wernher von Braun

I am really sad about yesterday's result. We just put the season into the rubbish bin.

When we'll win the UCL? Are we still in rebuilding process since 2015?

Pepsbarca

I am really sad about yesterday's result. We just put the season into the rubbish bin.

When we'll win the UCL? Are we still in rebuilding process since 2015?

Won't win the Champions league until a new manager comes in who doesn't play reactionary football and allows the team to do what it does best, dominate the ball.

Home of Barca Fans