Bayern München

serghei

Fight for the title is always the main draw for any league. If that is missing then said competition has a big problem from a neutral pov. Sure, if you support a german team, you can ejoy the Bundesliga obviously, but even the Bayern fans should agree that Bundesliga has a problem the same way Ligue 1 has, considering I have read somewhere that 20-something fans awaited Bayern at the airport after winning the title. When winning the biggest title of the season (basically 70% of what a football season consists for a club, maybe even more) becomes such a banality you know there's something wrong.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Fight for the title is always the main draw for any league. If that is missing then said competition has a big problem from a neutral pov. Sure, if you support a german team, you can ejoy the Bundesliga obviously, but even the Bayern fans should agree that Bundesliga has a problem the same way Ligue 1 has, considering I have read somewhere that 20-something fans awaited Bayern at the airport after winning the title. When winning the biggest title of the season (basically 70% of what a football season consists for a club, maybe even more) becomes such a banality you know there's something wrong.

I certainly don't disagree with what you said, serghei. However, I got the feelings that it is only us foreign fans who are complaining about the lack of compeition in the Bundesliga and the German fans themselves don’t care that much. I mean they have some of the best turnout in any league all year round and some teams seem to attach greater importance to winning their local derbies, beating their regional rivals and not relegating than winning the league or beating bayern. And they all seem to be having a lot of fun.

I don't know, I could be wrong, will the German forumites opine please?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Anouncing it just before a cup final between the two is a bit low from Bayern, isnt it?

In their defense, I think this time it was different, I think BVB was the one pushing for the deal to be done since obviously Hummels has made the easy decision to jump ship. They met on April 29th and Watzke said last couple of days that Hummels' fate would be decided this week.

Morten

One thing is sure, Bayern doesnt mess around, they are very efficient in their business. Unlike sone others(Real Madrids fax mess, United chasing Neymar and Bale each summer, lmao).

Last edited:

serghei

One thing is sure, Bayern doesnt mess around, they are very efficient in their business. Unlike sone others(Real Madrids fax mess, United chasing Neymar and Bale each summer, lmao).

Bayern are more efficient because they don't aspire to sign the best players available on the market. They sign players from their league, and lower rated players from latin countries (basically the best players in the world come from SA and Portugal/Spain).

When absolute world class players are available, Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009 for example, Neymar, Pogba right now, Bale not so long ago (yes, he is world class for sure), Bayern is not a competition for Barcelona and Real Madrid. It shouldn't be a surprise that it's easier to sign Douglas Costa from Shakhtar than to sign Pogba, or Neymar, or Bale. It's a combination of clever scouting, intelligent evaluation of players, and a good understanding of their strenghts and weaknesses in attracting players.

Basically have the approach United should have, but are too naive to think that the Neymars of the football world want to play for their club.

Last edited:

Morten

Bayern are more efficient because they don't aspire to sign the best players available on the market. They sign players from their league, and lower rated players from latin countries (basically the best players in the world come from SA and Portugal/Spain).

When absolute world class players are available, Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009 for example, Neymar, Pogba right now, Bale not so long ago (yes, he is world class for sure), Bayern is not a competition for Barcelona and Real Madrid. It shouldn't be a surprise that it's easier to sign Douglas Costa from Shakhtar than to sign Pogba, or Neymar, or Bale. It's a combination of clever scouting, intelligent evaluation of players, and a good understanding of their strenghts and weaknesses in attracting players.

Basically have the approach United should have, but are too naive to think that the Neymars of the football world want to play for their club.
Bayern rarely goes for these players when they are available, who knows, they might have landed one of them. Perhaps they tried, but i havent heard of it. They kinda have the approach United should have, but they are obviously a more attractive club then United these last couple of years, Bayern can go for players United cant.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Yes we and Real Madrid are still the top destination for most of the non-English and non-German players and they naturally prefer us over Bayern, but I think Bayern has a different strategy than us buying galacticos. They put more emphasis on building a squad that works ollectively as a well-run machine, instead of placing the focus on a few star players. Financially they are very conservative and they rarely spend big. This strategy has worked for them very well.

FC B

You have to be joking. Their president has been convicted for tax evasion. THE PRESIDENT, the face of the club, not a player.

Sure but not in relation to running the club. To my knowledge his conviction is related to personal issues and not Bayern related.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They'll surely be very competitive in Europe with that squad but I do have doubts about Carlo's energy and motivation.

BarcaOG

Banned
Very insightful comments on the last few pages Lufts and the rest. I agree that Carlo will be a great asset for them--he might just be what they need to cross the semi-final barrier that has stopped them in the last few years.

But damn. That depth. Scary indeed!

I can see them winning a treble next season. The Bundesliga's a given and cup tournaments are Ancelotti's thing.

If not next season, I see them winning at least one treble under Ancelotti.

His rather poor league record should be irrelevant because the Bundesliga's decided in August anyway. Maybe Dortmund could challenge them but somehow I doubt it. He really is just what they need.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I can see them winning a treble next season. The Bundesliga's a given and cup tournaments are Ancelotti's thing.

If not next season, I see them winning at least one treble under Ancelotti.

His rather poor league record should be irrelevant because the Bundesliga's decided in August anyway. Maybe Dortmund could challenge them but somehow I doubt it. He really is just what they need.

Depends a lot on how guys like Douglas & Coman develop though along the other younger players
If they took their game to the next level it is possible .if not then they might actually face some surprises .

Home of Barca Fans