Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Maybe, I honestly don't remember the exact year we were after Filipe...

It was after the Rome win in 2009. Then again some rumours, albeit weaker, after the World Cup, but he signed for Atletico and Barca got Adriano.

I remember that when filipe luis was rumored to come to Barça, in the end Adriano was the one signed. When alba came, I dont remember filipe still being linked.

His first season at Atletico was not good, I think Barca also would've had a realistic chance in 2011 if they tried. By the time Alba was signed in 2012, there was no chance and that's why I was disappointed that Barca didn't do anything.

spark

Yes ,it seemed like a fee was agreed but then their fat pig of a president Lendoiro went back on his word to Filipe and Barca. Laporta and Txiki didnt like it so they broke negotiations completely and went for Maxwell since they were signing Ibra anyway(Juve must be the only club where they haven't joined each other). I always wonder what would have happened if we had signed Villa and Filipe in 2009 instead of Ibra and Maxwell.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
About signing a centreback, I only see names coming by like Luiz and Hummels.. I mean come on, a world class centreback is sitting there in Rome. Tall, strong, fast and good on the ball. Benatia.

Also he isn't as hyped as Luiz and Hummels so the price wouldn't be as high.

About signing a centreback, I only see names coming by like Luiz and Hummels.. I mean come on, a world class centreback is sitting there in Rome. Tall, strong, fast and good on the ball. Benatia.

Also he isn't as hyped as Luiz and Hummels so the price wouldn't be as high.

Agreed. Why the fuck aren't we going for Benatia instead of Luiz? Oh wait... :zubi:

barca1899

Arsenal, Man United, Man City and Chelsea are monitoring the situation of Dani Alves and Alex Song who could leave this summer. [express]

hulinat

Dani Alves - Pique - Luiz - Alba would be horrible. They all like to play high up the pitch and we would concede more goals than we ever have.

Barcilliant

Agreed. Why the fuck aren't we going for Benatia instead of Luiz? Oh wait... :zubi:

Benatia would be first choice for me but its clear he isn't on Barca's radar. When the press keeps on mentioning a name eg Luiz -you know where there's smoke there is a fire. I think Luiz is it but defensively Benatia and even Hummels would be better choices. Luiz is more flashy-can score a few belters and is quicker but Hummels and Benatia are better defenders.

L

linetty

Luiz should not be even considered as an option for a CB...maybe as Busi's backup

Benatia's a lot better than Luiz, and probably isn't much more expensive. If he's more expensive at all. But let's go for Luiz anyway :zubi:

Seriously, I don't see any reason whatsoever to go for Luiz instead of Benatia...

I guess a defender's ability to score is more important than his ability to defend according to :zubi:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Luiz is a terrible choice for Barcelona, for CB or DM

Why? He is tall 1.89m. He can play as DM and CB. He can score goals. He has experience in CL and is regular starter for NT and last time I saw him playing in Confederations Cup I had impression that he is very solid defender, people saying he was good because Silva was playing alongside him, it maybe true, I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans