Atlético Madrid

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I watched both games and was obviously disappointed with Atleti.
Hope it's not a case of mental drain from Cholo after last season's disappointment in CL final.

Main problem is obviously lack of goals but I wouldn't blame solely Gameiro. Torres and Carasco came in last night and showed nothing. Griezmann had a taxing summer with Euro and he is not hitting his form yet either.

JerseyAddict

Personaly I think it is lack of "lucky goals". As said here, they were riding the wave of "one will come in/griezman will do it/torres will counter it".

They were realy annoying last season hunting Barça with 1goal wins etc

I hope Atletico will drop out early so Barça can make early difference in LaL and concentrate on CL title.

Real will be close by the first Classico. There Barça will make +3p run. They can't win much longer. This is already to log.

gasgas

Personaly I think it is lack of "lucky goals". As said here, they were riding the wave of "one will come in/griezman will do it/torres will counter it".

They were realy annoying last season hunting Barça with 1goal wins etc

I hope Atletico will drop out early so Barça can make early difference in LaL and concentrate on CL title.

Real will be close by the first Classico. There Barça will make +3p run. They can't win much longer. This is already to log.

So many conclusions and it's only Round 2

JerseyAddict

2 more rounds like this and it will be late, not early. ;-)

Barça had "good school" last year and won't gamble so much points like then.

P.S. even Griezmann said that if thry continue like that they will fight for survival. Bold statement also :)

Last edited:

jamrock

They are just very confused at the moment, they have all these excellent attacking players, but are playing rather conservatively, they are going through a identity crisis.

Do we embrace the players than we have and change our play a bit or do we stick to what we know works.

Personally I think it's time to put one of koke or Saul in the middle of the park, just to give them a different look and start gaitan or that Belgium player on the wings.

El Flaco

[MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION] Do you remember the minute mark of the situation that you're speaking about regarding Gameiro? :)

jamrock

They are e doing what I suggested a few weeks back as it relates to the midfield, expect he is playing both saul and koke in midfield, I think for most games this is the way to go, but for the bigger games tiago should partner saul, with koke on the wing

Home of Barca Fans