Atlético Madrid

CuleLife4Life

Because if it wasn't for him they would've not been there?

PS: Welcome to the club :p.

JuanFran was just as great this season. Griezmann's miss was worse imo. Penalties shootouts are a gamble but he had the chance to level it up much earlier to prevent the outcome.

And if you're talking about the unemployment club, thanks haha. Sucks but that life.

Atletico are still chokers now that I think about it. They almost managed to bottle the league against Tata's Barca.

I respect all them and Simeone have done these past few years, but they're chokers.

Last edited:

Morten

Didnt find a player-thread for Juanfran so i will just post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mDy-NbcGOI

Im happy we won it regardless, but i feel sad for him. He was one of the best on the pitch too, he didnt deserve to be the scapegoat, no hard feelings. The response from the fans was fantastic though, i dont know if ours would have done the same, i hope so. Ideally, penalty-shootouts shouldnt be the way to settle games like this. But then again, the players were obviously to tired to go on, so i guess there is no choice.

Last edited:

El Flaco

[tw]738117054562193409[/tw]

According to David Vinuesa (esRadio/Libertad Digital), Simeone has told to his assistant coaches that he will stay at Atlético. He'll be back around the 5th of July

Pablo Escobar

JuanFran was just as great this season. Griezmann's miss was worse imo. Penalties shootouts are a gamble but he had the chance to level it up much earlier to prevent the outcome.

Well, they both hit the bar, so for me that's just bad luck when it happens. Sometimes you just gotta go for the kill, like Gabi did or Heatbutt did in 2000 against Baia. Yeah, you could go for normal shots like the rest of the players did and have less chances to miss yourself, but statistically, something like 90% of the penalties saved are the ground-low execution, anything higher is in that 10% with maybe 0.1% ones being shot in the superior half.
Remember Messi with Chelsea where we lost it all at that penalty, basically with Cech being extraordinary and also a huge dude, he felt he needed to give him no chance to save it, the opposite happened with Oblak though his saves in-game this season and his imposing height sent the exact other message, the lad fucked it up big time, fool me once...twice, but the third time he should've seriously moved his ass, not to mention when goalkeepers cheat the line, see Sevilla-Benfica final what Beto is the best example... or other 10.000 penalty situations. Oh wait! Oblak was Benfica's goalkeeper then, totally forgot, but it doesn't make the point, since all 4 executed those penalties Gabi style while Benfica were dreadful apart from Beto's cheats!

And if you're talking about the unemployment club, thanks haha. Sucks but that life.

Depends, if you live in a country where there actually is some social protection :angry: you can still enjoy some time off especially since summer is coming, if you saved up money before you can actually do great. ;)

In my case, the only income is from my small studio that covers for basic stuff.

BBZ8800

Smart signing. Hard worker, plays on both sides as full back and still young.

I never liked him too much (for the highest level of club football).
Great physical skills, he can run like crazy for hours.
Good in defense, even though he can make silly mistakes in defense.

What I don't like is his attacking actions, decisions and attacking IQ.

He surely wouldn't be good attacking wise for Barca.
But for an extremely defensive and hardworking team like Atletico, he could be a good fit.

Even though, even there, he will just hurl crosses into a box, without too much thinking or without looking if anyone is in the box at all.

Let's hope that he will make a few defensive mistakes when he will play against Barca.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I never liked him too much (for the highest level of club football).
Great physical skills, he can run like crazy for hours.
Good in defense, even though he can make silly mistakes in defense.

What I don't like is his attacking actions, decisions and attacking IQ.

He surely wouldn't be good attacking wise for Barca.
But for an extremely defensive and hardworking team like Atletico, he could be a good fit.

Even though, even there, he will just hurl crosses into a box, without too much thinking or without looking if anyone is in the box at all.

Let's hope that he will make a few defensive mistakes when he will play against Barca.

In a side which depends on creativity like Barcelona there isn't many full backs that can manage the attacking portion but atletico are system players more than any side, plus he has time ot grow into this side.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Good to see them suffer, those lucky last minute goals are not going through this season like the last one. It might change but hope they will be out the title race completely before that happens. La Liga will be much easier without atleti irritating us all the time.

Home of Barca Fans