Arsenal

Ketoth

:lol:
suarez2.gif

We're Arsenal, our defence is sh*t. We're the only attacking team in the EPL.

For all talk of Liverpool's attacking qualities they parked the bus yesterday from the start. Played narrow, deep and on the counter. Even Carragher said so. Swansea played in exactly the same way, but they were better.

Robbie

Apparently we're very close to signing Nacho Monreal from Malaga. Oh god, if this actually happens...

aahhhhhh.gif

Fishdoll

Bakalao
Hope you guys get him. He's good and it would seriously annoy the Athletic Club leadership. Nacho is one of a small number of players from Euskal Herria that doesn't play for Athletic, Osasuna, or Sociedad and he's been on Athletic's wishlist for a while. Given the way players are being treated at Athletic right now, don't blame Nacho for going elsewhere and, well, your lot do seem to need a bit of a boost in defense.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Would be a (very) good signing for you. But I can't get my head around why Málaga would sell now, or why Monreal would leave. He's cup tied after all, so he's not going to play any CL football for Arsenal. As for Málaga they're losing their best LB. Arsenal would get a solid player, certainly on a different level to Santos, but he wouldn't be able to play the CL.

You'd think it'd be wiser to make the deal in the summer instead, although for Arsenal he'll be much needed with Gibbs gone.

Robbie

The deal was supposed to happen in the summer, from what I've read. Gibbs' 1 month injury probably moved it forward. Very good on Wenger's part keeping something like this quiet for so long. Chelsea might've snapped it out from under us, since they've been after a LB for a while -- especially with Cole needing a long term replacement.

A

Athletic

what happened to cavani, is giroud's three good games of this season so far enough :lol:

Robbie

what happened to cavani, is giroud's three good games of this season so far enough :lol:

Giroud had a lot more than 3 good games. He has also had some brilliant assists. He'll become a top striker with us when he adapts to this league.

Besides, we never had a problem scoring goals... just conceding stupid ones.

Irish_Cules

I really don't understand why Monreal would leave Malaga for Arsenal. Fair enough going in the summer, but why miss out on champions league football for the rest of the season (and possibly next season)?

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Who do you guys think deserves to start when Gibbs comes back from injury; him or Nacho (provided Nacho plays the same way as he did at Malaga).

Home of Barca Fans