Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

jamrock

Big fan of his, but it's over for him at the highest level, his knees are done, he has no explosiveness left and he had very little to start with, he cannot separate himself from the marker anymore by running with the ball.

Sad.

Last edited:

Porque

Lad needs to find his own way for now. I don't particularly like Felix after what he has shown here, but it is better and more reliable physically than Ansu is. Just a better fit all around to post injury Fati unfortunately.

We may be able to take him on again later in his career considering how this club operates. The door will be open. Adama got another chance and Gerard Duelofeu got 500 chances.

khaled_a_d

Play him closer to the goal with an overlapping FB not as a touchline winger, problem solved.

He lost his finishing touch, he can't compete physically with CBs while he is afraid to get injured.
Plenty of talented players has their career butchered by injuries, Fati isn't the first and won't be the last.
Felix is far better player than Fati atm at any position by any objective metrics, and I am not even fan of his.

Joan

As much as I like the kid, he's got no business here after the injuries. Will also never reach Felix's current level. Which says it all about his prospects.

Like Felix or not, he's a player of big potential which will likely never materialize. But he's a useful player as is.

Andresito

Staff member
Think what he needs is being undisputed starter for a season. Not the sporadic 30, 15, 45 minutes he's playing at Brighton now.

To do that he might have to go down a further level. Maybe Bundesliga would be good for him.

BJJ

He can make a comeback but it will require the planets to align.
He needs to be a starter in a low pressure environment, at the right club under the right manager. Than maybe we will see some of the old Fati.
It seems crazy that at one point Utd offered 80 million for him and he was our number 10.

Messi983

As much as I like the kid, he's got no business here after the injuries. Will also never reach Felix's current level. Which says it all about his prospects.

Like Felix or not, he's a player of big potential which will likely never materialize. But he's a useful player as is.

Disagree.

Ansu at 16/17 has shown more than Felix has so far in his career.

Would rather bet on Ansu overcoming his injuries than Felix ever "put it all together" and become a useful and consistent player.

So it's an easy choice between the two for me. And for the lack of better realistically available/affordable options next year we could do a lot worse than give Fati another chance. We gave million chances to frickin Deulofeu and Adama who had nowhere near the talent Fati has.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Ansu had a terrific finishing in his first barca years, was never a fast player but in the box he was icecold in front of the GK

unfortunately a short 'prime'

it proves once again what injuries can do with a player

even Chiesa who looked ballon dor level pre injury struggles now

Home of Barca Fans