Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Nello

I'll say it again. Will be a big mistake if we sell him.
Inclined to agree, even tho he's still far off his old self. Rather keep him than Torres tho. Noticed Xavi commented on his movement and workrate yesterday, which seemed better than usual, was more lively.

Big problem is his salary tho. Tired of having players on big salaries that don't reflect their importance to the team.

soul24rage

Inclined to agree, even tho he's still far off his old self. Rather keep him than Torres tho. Noticed Xavi commented on his movement and workrate yesterday, which seemed better than usual, was more lively.

Big problem is his salary tho. Tired of having players on big salaries that don't reflect their importance to the team.
I agree with you on the salary. His salary as a non-starter is a problem really which is probably the reason why the board are keen to sell him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He won't take a paycut and I don't think he will ever become good enough to be a starter for us at LW or CF. At least not for a Barcelona that want to get back to the top in Europe again.

If his salary was much lower it would not be an issue to keep him to bring off the bench, but at 6m net which is at the level of someone like Rafael Leao at Milan? Hell nah.

FCMessi

20 or younger, his 1/2 meniscus / knee will only get worse and worse especially if he starts on regular basis.

Not to mention another tackle like the Balde tackle, Fati will be a complete write off on the junkyard crusher level.

Porque

Can't change our opinion because of a few games in a game like a friendly.

If we keep him though, I hope it's coz of the last 6 months of training sessions and nothing else.

BJJ

I say sell for 50 million with a buy back clause just in case. Hell, even 35 million is good.
If he wants to stay, he should halve his wages.

Andresito

Staff member
I say sell for 50 million with a buy back clause just in case. Hell, even 35 million is good.
If he wants to stay, he should halve his wages.
You understand that a buy back clause is something we'll have to 'pay' for. Adding clauses will reduce the price.

BJJ

You understand that a buy back clause is something we'll have to 'pay' for. Adding clauses will reduce the price.
True but suppose Fati gets back to his best or even better. I agree he looks like damaged goods at the moment but I have never seen a kid of 16-18 be such a calm, clinical finisher. He definitely looked an outlier in that department when he first came on the scene.

Home of Barca Fans