9 - Robert Lewandowski

KingLeo10

Someone fill me in on Romario. He's the Brazilian legend I know the least about. How good was the guy really??

Once made a bet with Cruyff that Cruyff would let him attend the Carnival (festival) in Brazil if he scored in El Clasico.

Dropped a hat-trick on RM and left for Brazil right after the game.

He was a genius. Who didn't take football too seriously, much like other Brazilian superstars.

odrzut

Which strikers can we say were definitively better than Suarez and Lewa historically?

R9
Puskas
MVB
Romario
Gerd Muller

Anyone else?

The only advantage Muller has over Lewy is that he played in Bayern for longer, and that his NT is Germany not Poland. Out of these only R9 is definitely better than Lewandowski. Maybe Romario.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

RvN is the player people who don't watch Lewandowski thought Lewandowski was. I.e. tap-in merchant. Which is a skill too, but not on the level of these above.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

The only advantage Muller has over Lewy is that he played in Bayern for longer, and that his NT is Germany not Poland. Out of these only R9 is definitely better than Lewandowski. Maybe Romario.

Muller scored like 10 goals in a single WC campaign though. And was unbelievably clutch in CL, WC, and Euros.

Not a very pleasant game but this guy was a magician in the penalty box.

Temptation

Van Basten is as good as anybody in his prime.

R9's accumulated club career doesn't come close to RL9.

Muller? Idk. Lewy is definitely more complete and broke his record......

Puskas is prehistoric and none of us have much of a clue about him. Frankly no idea:lol:

Temptation

Once made a bet with Cruyff that Cruyff would let him attend the Carnival (festival) in Brazil if he scored in El Clasico.

Dropped a hat-trick on RM and left for Brazil right after the game.

He was a genius. Who didn't take football too seriously, much like other Brazilian superstars.

What type of a player was he? A diminutive Penalty Box poacher?

Similar to Aguero's profile??

odrzut

Muller scored like 10 goals in a single WC campaign though. And was unbelievably clutch in CL, WC, and Euros.

Not a very pleasant game but this guy was a magician in the penalty box.

Lewandowski scored 3 goals in 3 games last euro with Poland. Put Muller there and see how it goes for him ;)

Temptation

They're that bad?

Mexico always give me the impression of doing well in WCs.

Especially that Ted Mosby lookalike GK Ochoa who only exists in WCs. :lol:

odrzut

I remember watching Mexico in 90s/00s for fun they played nice football. They were certainly better than Poland back then. Are they shit now?

Home of Barca Fans