8 - Pedri

JamDav1982

I might criticize Gavi if I find it warranted but I literally created the thread for him on this forum lol. I like him.

I might have praised one of Puig's passes in the past, which I stand by but the several last times I've mentioned Puig I've said that I don't think he's good enough.

Who cares who creates a thread?

Some folk race to do it as soon as a young player appears as like you seem to think means something in future.

All the chat was folk over rating Gavi and his style being ten a penny in lower levels etc.

When will Pedri be exposed as the ineffective player you see and so many others miss?

Admitting wrong on Puig but still bitter about Gavi/Pedri etc it seems.

BusiTheKing

Everything turns into a discussion of your personal integrity with this guy. You say you like the autumn rain and he'll throw it in your face next time you're out enjoying the sun.

JamDav1982

i'll do you one better, who cares about any of this? why are you so concerned with what I might have said in the past about different players?

That makes no sense.

Folk are discussing opinions.. who started a thread is irrelevant and you were saying same shite about Gavi and folk who were impressed not seeing the real picture of him not being ready for first team or all that impressive.

Anyway back to Pedri... when will he be exposed as the over rated ineffectual player you claim he is?

BusiTheKing

That makes no sense.

Folk are discussing opinions.. who started a thread is irrelevant and you were saying same shite about Gavi and folk who were impressed not seeing the real picture of him not being ready for first team or all that impressive.

Anyway back to Pedri... when will he be exposed as the over rated ineffectual player you claim he is?

Exposed? You think a player is better than I do. I'm not anticipating some kind of public revelation of universal truth to befall us, unfortunately.

JamDav1982

Exposed? You think a player is better than I do. I'm not anticipating some kind of public revelation of universal truth to befall us, unfortunately.

Aye exposed. When come out with shite like below clearly states he is massively over rated and not impacting games in way is effective.

he might look a master in what he does, but 90% of football games are decided in the domain of what he doesn't do.

Or are you saying Pedri will excel for Spain and Barca but you are still correct on him 'looking like a master' but ineffective?

Club will never work that out?

Tell us what people are over rating him on and what we are missing that you can see and what decides the games in 'domain' of football.

Same shite were saying about Gavi and how you could see how he was really playing and folk being impressed by things thatre not effective.

Highly ironic when you were one impressed by Puig doing basic things on the ball.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

Aye exposed. When come out with shite like below clearly states he is massively over rated and not impacting games in way is effective.

he might look a master in what he does, but 90% of football games are decided in the domain of what he doesn't do.

Or are you saying Pedri will excel for Spain and Barca but you are still correct on him 'looking like a master' but ineffective?

Club will never work that out?

Tell us what people are over rating him on and what we are missing that you can see and what decides the games in 'domain' of football.

Same shite were saying about Gavi and how you could see how he was really playing and folk being impressed by things thatre not effective.

Highly ironic when you were one impressed by Puig doing basic things on the ball.

90% of football games are decided in discrete bursts of overwhelming force, not gradual continuous pressure, not an accumulation of little good things. I'm not saying little good things are useless but they can be overrated, a red herring.

My biggest issue with him is that he waits around too much and doesn't assert himself on the game. It's good to have players like Pedri when they see the smart option and unlock the opportunity that presents itself.

But the problem is that the opportunity doesn't always present itself. Sometimes, most times, you need to invent the opportunity yourself. That is where Pedri falls short for me.

He wants too badly to be smarter than everyone else. He wants to see the genius thing before he takes action. The result is too much waiting around, too much passivity. Both when we need to score a goal and when we need to keep possession. Too much waiting for the right moment, not enough seeking it out.

JamDav1982

90% of football games are decided in discrete bursts of overwhelming force, not gradual continuous pressure, not an accumulation of little good things. I'm not saying little good things are useless but they can be overrated, a red herring.

My biggest issue with him is that he waits around too much and doesn't assert himself on the game. It's good to have players like Pedri when they see the smart option and unlock the opportunity that presents itself.

But the problem is that the opportunity doesn't always present itself. Sometimes, most times, you need to invent the opportunity yourself. That is where Pedri falls short for me.

He wants too badly to be smarter than everyone else. He wants to see the genius thing before he takes action. The result is too much waiting around, too much passivity. Both when we need to score a goal and when we need to keep possession. Too much waiting for the right moment, not enough seeking it out.

That is absolute nonsense trying to sound clever but based on no reality.

At 18 he was probably the best and most effective midfielder at the Euros due to way he progressed the ball.

Folk were not hoodwinked and he doesnt have any of those 'wanting to be a genius' traits either.

When compare him to the likes of Puig there is one that makes things happen and understands how to open game up and another that has zero idea.

Pedri is the one in squad with best understanding of how to open game up in final third and takes initiative to make it happen.

It is the reason Spain players love him.. Messi loved playing with him etc.

All comes back to bitterness about Puig and while 'admitting' he is not good enough trying to pick holes in players that are in same position and younger while on a completely different level as a player.

BusiTheKing

That is absolute nonsense trying to sound clever but based on no reality.

At 18 he was probably the best and most effective midfielder at the Euros due to way he progressed the ball.

Folk were not hoodwinked and he doesnt have any of those 'wanting to be a genius' traits either.

When compare him to the likes of Puig there is one that makes things happen and understands how to open game up and another that has zero idea.

Pedri is the one in squad with best understanding of how to open game up in final third and takes initiative to make it happen.

It is the reason Spain players love him.. Messi loved playing with him etc.

All comes back to bitterness about Puig and while 'admitting' he is not good enough trying to pick holes in players that are in same position and younger while on a completely different level as a player.

Okay, great.

JamDav1982

Aye that would be the Pedri 'who doesnt assert himself' and waits for genius moments who...at 18 in the Euros.

Ran the furthest... looking to get on ball and defend.
Had most passes in opponents half.
Created the 2nd most big chances.
Completed most 'through balls'.

At 18.

Sure seems he doesnt help his team keep ball or assert himself.

BusiTheKing

Thought he was very good at the Euros, I won't argue with you there.

Still think there's a tendency to overrate what he does. Maybe you should just let that be and get on with your night.

Masetro10

Pedri i a diamond player. He is out for half of the season so far and first game back changes the flow of the game. Starts for Barca and Spain right out of the gate for a reason.

Forget about Puig he is the new Jonathan Dos Santos. I remember those days when everybody said, "give him a chance" Puig is not bad just not good enough or what we need.

blaug

What a player we have in our hands. Easily, the best midfielder at our club. If he looked so good under Koeman, imagine what he can do under Xavi's guidance. We are in for a treat

Home of Barca Fans