7 - Ferran Torres

mc_lovin

Like too much or what?

40m + 10m variables is as much as I'd pay. Don't think the club could spend more than that on one player even with fans coming back.

Too much. No way did he double his value for City. And he's not amazing or anything.

He should be in Trincao's price range.

Mateka

What is this I'm reading? He's out for 2-3 months with a fractured foot? :lol: Is this a joke?

Blame the Spanish Team Manager:
Ferran Torres will be out for two to three months after fracturing his foot. The Manchester City forward received the injury while on international duty with Spain. Torres limped off soon after half-time in Spain's Nations League semi-final win after a hefty challenge from Chelsea midfielder Jorginho.15 Oct 21

He was then passed fit to start against France in the final, playing with a broken foot for 84 minutes of the 2-1 defeat. Torres was then sent back to Manchester City injured.

serghei

Eh, he's not really comparable to Pedri. One of them made a big jump for his new team and the other didn't.

Yea, but we're not talking about Pedri money, since Pedri is near 100m probably. I do think he's worth half that personally, or thereabouts.

JamDav1982

Eh, he's not really comparable to Pedri. One of them made a big jump for his new team and the other didn't.

Torres did make a big jump.

Got better for City and one of Spains more important attacking players.

Would be surprised if Barca got him for 50m and would be a very good deal if did for me.

Unless Pep tries to repay his faith in going to City or promises behind scene about moving back to Spain cant see being that low.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Yea, but we're not talking about Pedri money, since Pedri is near 100m probably. I do think he's worth half that personally, or thereabouts.

I just have a hard time valuing Ferran Torres at 50ME+. He's a decent player, but that's nearly Kounde money. And yeah, forwards are more expensive, but Torres is not a world class talent or anything, he's just good international class. At least that's the way I see it.

serghei

I just have a hard time valuing Ferran Torres at 50ME+. He's a decent player, but that's nearly Kounde money. And yeah, forwards are more expensive, but Torres is not a world class talent or anything, he's just good international class. At least that's the way I see it.

I don't think 50m. buys you top class really. What did we pay for Trincao to Braga, close to 40 right? 30m is about as low as it gets for a promising attacking player these days, and Ferran is really a lot more proven than Trincao.

If we flinch at 50m then we probably should take a punt on a player who is completely off the radar, because there is no way you get forwards from City, Bayern, Liverpool, Chelsea on the cheap.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

A current, fully proven world class talent at that age is over 100m most likely.

Kounde is not really relevant any more than likes of Bryan Gil going for 25m who Torres is in a different league to.

Would take him for 50m without a doubt if Barca could find a way to do it. If get him cheaper all the better.

Messigician

" City have zero intention of selling players to Barcelona, especially in January when there's everything to play for, the rumors come from the leagues desperation not to acknowledge they have no pulling power anymore, the best league in the world is the prem, everything else is secondary."
@MCEN

WELL that's one way to dispel rumors

Home of Barca Fans