4 - Ronald Araújo

Messi983

I would sell Christensen long before I would consider selling Araujo if we have to sell one of CBs. EPL clubs would surely be interested and we can get 30-40m imo. Combined with 40-50m (hopefully more) for Raphinha and we should be good to register Roque (and Fermin, if won't sell/loan him) and maybe 2-3 free agent signings or loanees.

Like Christensen as a player but must really struggle for fitness Xavi continues to sub him off (could ofc also just Xavi being Xavi not knowing what he's doing, lol). Also have Cubarsi now as a ball playing CB alongside Araujo and Inigo as a solid backup/rotation. Could also give a chance to Faye or bring back Chadi Riad (IIRC we can't use our buy back before 2025 though).

As said in other thread(s) would keep Kounde primarily as RB as don't think we will find a better player there and I'd prefer to address other positions (DM, LW) before if we'll have any money (or better said salary cap limit).

But ofc it all depends on what plans next coach will have and what offers we'll get for certain players.

jamrock

Easiest position to sell someone from is the defensive line, we have 5 quality CB, with the immergence of curbarsi, plus chadi and Faye as decent prospects, so I can understand the business decision in selling one, it just wouldn't be him if I had a choice.

I'd do Christensen plus chadi for a combination of around 50-60m, if we sell to the EPL, and promote Faye or sell Kounde to man utd or Chelsea.

De Jong plus those options would be my choice.

jairzinho

Would keep him unless the offer is insane. We don't have anyone else with his profile. He is easily the most athletic defender we have and compliments everyone else that he's paired with.

Gnidrologist

Not just defender. He only athletically imposing player in this wimp team period. Making team weaker in area it is already weak is a choice that only Barca could make.

vuji_31

Christensen, Kounde and Rapinha are good option to sell. We will not miss them much.

Doubt Araujo's transfer would mean much, if it is just for registartion of players, then 100% no.

I would rather sell Fermin and Roque, or send them on loan then sell Araujo...

Also knowing that we are selling Araujo, because we have Martinez on 10mil, Roberto, Alonso, Rapinha, Kounde, Christensen, Pedri and other shit players which are always injured or overpayed, it does not make any sense.

Hermoso, Rabiot, Zielenski, Guido, Kamada are free and on less wage then most of frauds from list. We can sort midfield and defense with free players, and pay the money for wingers.

If there is not money for Leao and that kind of players, it is time to invest in young wingers.
Too bad Nico is expensive now for 60mil, it seems to much.

jamrock

It was a combination, Kounde and Him gave mbappe no chance.

At one point mbappe switched to curbarsi's side lol

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans