Gerard Piqué

Meitux

How he is supposed to help if he is always injured? We have Abidal fighting with cancer for 3 seasons already, Puyol forever injured. The youngsters as Bartra and Muniesa also showing injury vulnerability. Than we want to add another fragile defender?

Ohh yeah forgot about Adriano. Of course you would because he gets injured by a slight wind and never plays. Still unlucky with injury of Mascherano, who in fact is the best defender we have at the moment.
Having Mascherano as our best defender isnt a good thing to say...and as you mention with all these injuries we need fast world class CB or if we continue with this defense we will have same results like last night..

Pepe Silvia

His first half was the busiest I've seen anyone all season. He probably stopped about 4 goals off set pieces alone. He eventually fell asleep without Puyol yelling in his ear though, and that was sad. He just stood there like a giant a-hole. lol jk

M

mitkoa7x

Lets sign some CB and make him captain so he can boss our players around even tho he doesnt know shit about our style.

khaled_a_d

Lets sign some CB and make him captain so he can boss our players around even tho he doesnt know shit about our style.

Actually ,one of things that makes Ter Stegan a good option is that he has that kind of character ,if we can't get some leader in CB ,I can see a leader in GK as the next best thing

fcbdna

Banned
Everyone saying Pique wasn't bad see these:

BayernGoal4SecondLook_original.gif

ibpsr7N1C2rh1E_original.gif

bayern-munich-scores-second-goal-against-barcelona.gif

Last edited:

Ronnie10

Having Mascherano as our best defender isnt a good thing to say...and as you mention with all these injuries we need fast world class CB or if we continue with this defense we will have same results like last night..

I agree that we need world class CB. But Thiago Silva could be another waste of money. He nearly ended his career while playing in Dynamo Moscow and went back to Brazil, the same story of Afellay. The same injuries were following him in Milan and PSG. I suspect that with the intensity of the Barcelona and the tough opposition Barca faces this Thiago Silva gonna totally destroy his career with injuries.

Carilho

Wow these 3 gifs up there show inexcrutiaiting detail how stale our defensive play has become

Pique has been very bad, yes. But this problem is bigger than him

sabby

Pique looked like a headless chicken in that 2nd gif (the 1st goal). If I remember correctly, even Pique was a defensive mid before being converted to CB right ? Send him to defensive mid as a back up and sign two great world class CB. He's more interested in attacking than defending anyway. How can people say he is one of the best CB in the world when he can't perform without a senior and experienced CB like Puyol or Abidal. You can spot the proper defenders at once in any match - just like Abidal even when he came after a life threatening sickness.

R

rivaldo10

we need to sign hummels and company from city

this shakira nonsens got to his head and he isnt focused or dosent care anymore

Meitux

we need to sign hummels and company from city

this shakira nonsens got to his head and he isnt focused or dosent care anymore
Hummels and Kompany would work fine,Hummels is the Pique type and Kompany as the agressive powerfull CB,i would like it but it seems to hard :/

karthik

Has played awful lot in the second half of the season without proper center-back pairing

I would wait to see him being partnered with a world class center back who can compliment him.

Home of Barca Fans