Gerard Piqué

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
What the fuck is a stallwort, sounds like some sort of root :lol: You mean he's stalwart in defence ;)
On topic though, that was a striker's finish. What a versatile and immense player, so fucking glad he's back home rather than rotting away in grey Manchester

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Agreed, a keeper wouldn't be able to motivate as well as an outfielder. Plus I can't see Iniesta as cap material, the captain needs to be imposing and be able to slap the players about a bit. Xavi next, and then Pique are no-brainers. Piqué exudes fuckloads of charisma and leadership on the pitch, what really struck me as well during the various celebrations was how the squad looked up to him and the respect he seemed to command from all of them, especially the older players. The fact that he is about as Culé as you can get doesn't hurt either, plus when Puyol eventually retires he will become our main roaring nutter at the back. Txigy doesn't seem the type.

Last edited:

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
iniesta is not a captain type. And a captain needs to be on the pitch, not in the goal imo.

I knew I was gonna get that about Iniesta, it's because of his shyness isn't it? But definitely Xavi though, I think he has all the qualities, plus he's a great role model.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Yeah, plus he seems only interested in football on the pitch. Just give him football responsibilities, it will be magic.

Let Xavi and co handle things. Xavi is by the way already constantly yapping and talking to the ref, he is more installed in the team on that level. And after Xavi of course Piqué. no explanation needed, I believe. :D

mobster_1930

I think that one of the main reasons of Manchester sucess over two last decades were physically strong, tall and skilful deffenders. Pique is everything of that. Manchester made incredibly stupid mistake by selling him. Right know, Pique is like Ferdinand at his prime (last year) and he only can get better. I just love this guy :pique:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90XGjmiQkc4

Edit : I don't know why Txixi didn't improve his contract this year .

Last edited:
i just cannot get over how many goals he can score for a defender and he is the future captain of FCB for sure, no doubt.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Piqué is promising but I wouldn't call him equal to Rio's prime. Piqué wanted to leave Manchester because of benchness and Barcelona love so Fergie did it. For a decent price. Fair play and credit to Ferguson for that.

Why should we improve his contract? The kid won't be hungry for the coming five years. He won't leave + Let him prove himself this year, give him a reward then. I'm not fond of the amelioration of contracts every year. In fact, it annoys the hell out of me.

Tomba11

Gerard Piqué is the man. What a relief having him in the FCB defense - and not M. Caceres.

And he knows how to score.... the second wave of attacks coming from players like Piqué, Touré and Keita will be useful this season.
Messi and Ibra will create the spaces needed in a tight defense and then these guys come blazing from nowhere and scores.

btw Is it too much to ask to keep the anti-Ibra whinging out of threads like this one?

Last edited:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Edit : I don't know why Txixi didn't improve his contract this year .

Because it was the guy's first season, he has a long term contract and he's not going to leave his childhood club where he's just had the best season he will probably ever have. A contract renewal shouldn't be an automatic reward for winning trophies, the players have performance bonuses already written into their contracts and to keep renegotiating the players' contracts costs the club a lot of money.

Home of Barca Fans