19 - Lamine Yamal

Messi983

Sherman jersey, nice

40e3302a-72a3-4f04-8e4d-1b81f314982f_16-9-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

slicknick

Got called up for the Spanish National Team today…And unbelievable that it is all quiet in his thread

Last edited:

JohnN

I think he shouldn't be starting over Raphinia. Not that I don't think he has massively more potential than the Brazilian.
On the contrary I am excited every time he plays.
it's just that we always "burn" our young prodigies by playing them too much, too soon, bloating their ego and burdening them with carrying a team like barca at 17.
Also, it is not wise to base your system around a teenager. let him be our wild card.

delancey

Ansu was only exceptional in scoring goals. Yamal has everything. Technique, game intelligence, a strong shot. If he stays clear of injuries, he'll be at least as good as Neymar.
Same can be said for many strikers. Give, hmm, Lewandowski midfield duties with a responsibility of driving the ball forward, and he suddenly becomes very average.

Beyond that, I agree. Yamal has shown an uncanny ability in decision making, always having an objective of going for goal. Reminds me of a certain someone. A GOAT. 😏 And he’s only 16. How lucky we are.

Loki

Beyond that, I agree. Yamal has shown an uncanny ability in decision making, always having an objective of going for goal. Reminds me of a certain someone. A GOAT. 😏 And he’s only 16. How lucky we are.

We are. His confidence is also really impressive. You remember Gomes, who feared even a pass in training? This boy just turned 16 and doesn't fear anything. He has already a confidence of a 25 year old. It's not natural to be like this infront of tens of thousands.

serghei

I think he shouldn't be starting over Raphinia. Not that I don't think he has massively more potential than the Brazilian.
On the contrary I am excited every time he plays.
it's just that we always "burn" our young prodigies by playing them too much, too soon, bloating their ego and burdening them with carrying a team like barca at 17.
Also, it is not wise to base your system around a teenager. let him be our wild card.

Absolutely. It's extremely important how Lamal is gonna develop not only in the next 6-12 months, but more importantly, what is gonna be his level at 21-22, 5 years from now. Is he gonna be like Neymar in 2014-15 for example, a top 3 player? That is the target. Not to play a lot at 16 vs Osasuna, Cadiz, and Alaves and get burned out by the time he is 22 and supposed to be approaching his prime years.

Can't afford to treat our talents with myopic planning. The potential of this young core to get a CL is gonna be in 4-5 years time. If the club does everything right on the way up to that point.

Minutes here and there is quite enough for Lamal for now, as Raphinia's sub. Plus the occasional start in the lesser games.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Dude played 2 good games and people are comparing him to Ronaldinho.

No pressure 16 year old Yamal! :lol: :lol:
I mean I compared Ansu to David Villa and he's nowhere close :lol: Just talking general levels of talents, who can fail or succeed for different reasons. And Ronaldinho is the quintessential Balon d' Or level benchmark for me. Makes zero sense to take Messi for example ;)

Anyway, with some talents you just know they will get far and Lamine is one of them.

serghei

I mean I compared Ansu to David Villa and he's nowhere close :lol: Just talking general levels of talents, who can fail or succeed for different reasons. And Ronaldinho is the quintessential Balon d' Or level benchmark for me. Makes zero sense to take Messi for example ;)

Anyway, with some talents you just know they will get far and Lamine is one of them.

I bet something like this was said about any serious talent at some point. This is the one, fuck the rest, this one is it. Fast forward a few seasons, and this "it" became part of the rule, not the exception.

In general, you base your bussiness plan on predictable outcomes, not based on a distant hope this time it is gonna be the one "special" case. A mentality like this gets you one big win, maybe..., followed by 50 losses.

The club is still plagued by hope, but what is worse, it is hope tomorrow, not hope next year. Hope is great if it is logically contained. You hope for the best and plan for the worst is an exceptionally sound bussiness tactic. Barto hoped for the bestest and planned for jack shit.

I see us as a desperate club aiming high prematurely and potentially fucking up success sometime in the medium, but not immediate future. Somebody in the club must be prepared to think at least medium-term and act on that.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans