27 - Lamine Yamal

Porque

Maybe PSG can offer double and we can consider.

It's dangerous to enter the market flush. The rest of the teams know you have money so the market for us will be inflated like Dembele and Coutinho.

It's only worth taking a huge sale if you can buy in Spain because that's where the buyout clauses are.

I don't think that's where the quality is unless you are content with the likes of Nico and Kubo replacing Lamine.

Better sell defenders or midfielders than Lamine. Atleast when Neymar was sold we had Messi and Suarez. This time there is nothing else.

Givenchy

Yeah lets sell a potential generational talent, a prodigy starting at the age of 16 and sign Felix and other mediocre crap. Would legit rather another 3 or so years in the wilderness playing youngsters than selling our gems.

THIS CLUB IS NOT SAFE WITH MONEY TO SPEND

khaled_a_d

If the board thinks that guys like Messinho or I.Diarra are close to that level of talent, you pull the trigger. Or you are unsure he will honour his word and renew next year, then you surely do it.

Otherwise, keep him and take the risk.

BJJ

They won't sell him. 9nly way he leaves is if he forces an exit. As many have pointed out the club has squandered money on useless players too often in the past.
Fir the right money Araujo, De Jing and Raphinha can leave.

Porque

If the board thinks that guys like Messinho or I.Diarra are close to that level of talent, you pull the trigger. Or you are unsure he will honour his word and renew next year, then you surely do it.

Otherwise, keep him and take the risk.

Don't think it is strictly a matter of talent though. Lamine has shown that he also has the mentality. You don't give that up for another experiment.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Don't think it is strictly a matter of talent though. Lamine has shown that he also has the mentality. You don't give that up for another experiment.

Mentality only shows after the test of time tbh. It is one thing that people loves to hype so early.

We have called every new kid as a Mentality monstar unlike previous generations, that included the likes of Pedri, Moriba, Nico and Mingueza.

So, I don't know if Lamine has the mentality or not, I don't believe anyone here has a clue either. No disrespect to anyone.

Porque

Mentality only shows after the test of time tbh. It is one thing that people loves to hype so early.

We have called every new kid as a Mentality monstar unlike previous generations, that included the likes of Pedri, Moriba, Nico and Mingueza.

So, I don't know if Lamine has the mentality or not, I don't believe anyone here has a clue either. No disrespect to anyone.

That's a fair point. I think that in an attacking leadership capacity Lamine performed well in big games like the CL 1/4 (ok, bit quiet in the 2nd half in Paris) and Madrid game. So it is his second season and he is showing he can lead the attack creatively. We have had enough big games to see that he copes well overall with the pressure. When asked this question he basically answered something of the words "what pressure, I am only playing football".

I was going to compare to Ansu actually, because he showed the right mentality too to be honest, and was undone by injuries. But also for his breakthrough he had the luxury of Messi and being the 3rd man of the attack with both more space to operate and less pressure.

I'd argue Mingueza had the right mentality but lacked the talent. While Nico was poor in big games.

Ilaix I agree though, that he performed well in that honeymoon period which would have probably burned out had he prolonged his first team stay.

jamrock

I'm probably wrong about this, but I think moriba would have been good for us if he stayed, he really fucked up his development by leave.

Not WC or anything but a good squad player with a different profile.

But he's an idiot..

Yamal has definitely showed he has the talent and mentality to lead the attack.

His improvement from the 1st leg to the 2nd leg against nunes, told me everything I needed to know, when he came off he was pissed, because he was probably thinking I got this guy figured out now.

Home of Barca Fans