21 - Frenkie de Jong

mc_lovin

I reconsidered. I would definitely keep him unless we can't sign a DM otherwise.

Gavi/Pedri - DM/Christensen - Frenkie/Gundogan.

That's a very good midfield. And quite frankly every single one of our midfielders would profit immensely from playing next to an actual DM. Even next to Christensen, who's a bum in possession, they look thrice as good.

malvolio

I reconsidered. I would definitely keep him unless we can't sign a DM otherwise.

Gavi/Pedri - DM/Christensen - Frenkie/Gundogan.

That's a very good midfield.
And quite frankly every single one of our midfielders would profit immensely from playing next to an actual DM. Even next to Christensen, who's a bum in possession, they look thrice as good.
On Football Manager maybe.

FCMessi

You watch too many reels and actually no football. Yes, Kroos shooting is insane, 28 goals in 459 games. De Jong needs to aquire 10 goals in 250 games to be Kroos level.
The back passing and lateral 1 m pass are Kroos style.
"Useless spinning" imagine accusing players for holding the ball under press and winning duels.
I think you like brainless football played by Cancelo or the inability to win 1 v 1 duels of Ferran Raphinha or Lewandowski.

So many mindless assumptions on so many things.
Goals per game Not the necessarily equivalent to shooting ability. Context is also needed.
Average striker with significant minutes on a top European teams would end up with many tap ins and penalty kicks.
the same goes for striking with a prime Messi.

Pedri faced the same press FDJ faced against RM and was able to produce many more forward passes and create more chances.
The differences are Pedri has more and better techniques, better with the weak left and worked harder (especially defensively).

Holding the ball, faking left/right and then back passing the pressure to another defender is winning duel ?
Maybe we should have a poll on whether FDJ has progressed or regressed since he joined Barca ?
Through passes, long passes, weak left foot, dribbling, etc...

Seems you have not paid attention to the either Joao threads or maybe you would have seen my posts regarding both Joaos.

Home of Barca Fans