Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

jamrock

Yeah, but in offense you need transfers, and those have been on the poor side. La Masia generally produces class players in midfield zones, in a reliable consistent manner.

No complains there. But in offense... could do better for sure.

Yea Torres has brought down the attacking recruitment greatly, raphinha jury still out.

serghei

Badly need to find a Salah, Mane, type of transfer that clicks great. Ferran is a bust, and raphinha not quite a good fit even if he ups his level. Sooner or later, raphinha is gonna be sold. It's just a matter of being patient, letting him find better form, then choosing the right offer to maybe even break even or gain a bit of profit, like Sanchez case for me.

jamrock

When the discussion is about transfers and improving it, bringing La Masia in the discussion makes zero sense.
They are essentially different departments.

Even if we scratch masia (we wouldn't if we are effectively talking about, adding players to the first team in a cost effective manner, which is what the debate is essentially about)

If we just include Perdi & Araujo, how many TOP teams in Europe have Two WC players in their team for less than 10m Euros, can't think of many, that's about average for. Most.

Laporta has been in place for 1.5 years, gotta give it time, the Turkish kid & austia kid doesn't say much, they were just shots in the dark

Can add Christensen to that list as well.

So that's 3, or he doesn't count, because everyone knew about him? Only rare finds from all corners of the world count?

serghei

Even if we scratch masia (we wouldn't if we are effectively talking about, adding players to the first team in a cost effective manner, which is what the debate is essentially about)

If we just include Perdi & Araujo, how many TOP teams in Europe have Two WC players in their team for less than 10m Euros, can't think of many, that's about average for. Most.

Laporta has been in place for 1.5 years, gotta give it time, the Turkish kid & austia kid doesn't say much, they were just shots in the dark.

Sure, but how many top teams have such huge issues even registering players? Our case is special, due to the disaster of the previous board. To be back very soon at the top, a huge effort is needed. Need to be much better than the rest of the teams in recruiting.

mc_lovin

Yeah, but in offense you need transfers, and those have been on the poor side. La Masia generally produces class players in midfield zones, in a reliable consistent manner.

No complains there. But in offense... could do better for sure.

The Lewandowski signing deserves some credit. Don't think we could have gotten more impact in the current market. Wingers are pretty rare as well, can't think of one that was sold in the last two years I would have loved here (unconditionally).

Wouldn't say La Masia is mostly midfielders either. Balde and Fati were our recent two top talents apart from Gavi. It's just dumb chance. Next in line is Yamal, who's a forward.

jamrock

Sure, but how many top teams have such huge issues even registering players. Our case is special. To be back very soon at the top, a huge effort is needed.

Yes is it, which is why finding & producing!!! players need to be an essential part of our plan.

My point is the same individuals keep pointing to playera being signed by teams below our level, without any prospective in the matter, while ignoring that we have also added players to our team for little to no money that are preforming.

Araujo
Pedri
Christensen.

We no doubt, will & need to continue along this road, & hopefully find a forward for a reasonable price, that out performs his transfer fee.

serghei

Fati I don't rate that highly. Since Pedri in 2009 I didn't see a Masia player in attack that seemed to have pace, stamina, and fitness to succeed in the modern game.

Lewa is ok, but not a player to attack top of Europe with. Gonna be too old by then, and already starting to show a physical decline, not to mention that not even in his prime was he that impressive in big games. I can't imagine him being this killer 9 at 35.

Last edited:

jamrock

Fati I don't rate that highly. Since Pedri in 2009 I didn't see a Masia player in attack that seemed to have pace, stamina, and fitness to succeed in the modern game.

You don't rate Fati that highly now, after his injuries? Or you never rated him?

Just a question.

mc_lovin

Fati had the world class acceleration to succeed. But forwards will surely be our biggest challenge in the short to mid-term.

jamrock

Hard to say because didn't see him that much before injury. Very small sample size.

Okay fair enough,

Before the injuries, whenever he played for us, he was pretty much universal regarded as the best young forward in Europe, obviously not including haaland & the the likes.

Every respect journalist had him as one of the next & his on the field performance backed it up.

Injuries have fucked him though.

serghei

Fati had the world class acceleration to succeed. But forwards will surely be our biggest challenge in the short to mid-term.

I certainly did not see that even before injury. He surprised me on the finishing department. Dribbling, 1 vs 1 take on ability, and physical area seemed to me to have been things to improve for him.

mc_lovin

Fati never had amazing acceleration even before injuries.

He was brilliant getting into shooting positions. Also lethal in 1v1 dribblings near the box. That's not just movement and technique.

Remember a few scenes where he literally floated past players like Iniesta (who had an insane acceleration).

jamrock

He was never face, but was quick enough over space distances to seperate himself from defenders over the first 5-10 maybe 15 yards.

Once of the tackles that fucked him up, was pretty much him doing that.

Now he struggles to do that, idk if he'll get it back, but I still have hope.

Home of Barca Fans