Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Porque

If we want to focus on low cost gambles then best ignore Brazil and to an extent Argentina, and target the other South American nations like Uruguay of Araujo and Ecuador/others as Brighton.

Another is recruiting young players from France before they sign a pro contract or move to a big club as Bundesliga clubs do.

Yes it's not the strategy of an elite club, but finances change the strategy, while La Masia is still one of the best development systems and in general, Spanish football has better conditions to develop attacking players (pitch, weather, lifestyle and style of football in league). So maximise it.

Barcelona are a side who should be able to consistently develop 40m+ value young players.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Argentina seem to have a proper resurgence right now so hopefully we're looking at players from there. They tend to be much cheaper than the Brazilians too due to their clubs having less leverage/being significantly poorer.

mc_lovin

Not gonna lie, it annoys me a bit. The standard answer when things don't work out is always club XYZ needs better scouting, invest more in low cost gambles from obscure Leagues and so on. It's really not that simple.

Not as bad as people insisting to copy Liverpools model though (looking at you Serghei)... who build a grand of one winning side in the last 30 years (two if we are generous).

DonAK

Not gonna lie, it annoys me a bit. The standard answer when things don't work out is always club XYZ needs better scouting, invest more in low cost gambles from obscure Leagues and so on. It's really not that simple.

Not as bad as people insisting to copy Liverpools model though (looking at you Serghei)... who build a grand of one winning side in the last 30 years (two if we are generous).

It might annoy you, but it is what it is.

When this is the record: https://www.transfermarkt.com/trans...os=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0&plus=0

You either need better scouting or better decision making.

Look at the balance, which itself is skewed by the 222m Neymar payout :lol:

Luckily we got some gems in Pedri and Araujo & La Masia's made a resurgence after some bad years otherwise we'd be in a very bad situation right now with our other issues with the salary cap.

mc_lovin

It might annoy you, but it is what it is.

When this is the record: https://www.transfermarkt.com/trans...os=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0&plus=0

You either need better scouting or better decision making.

Look at the balance, which itself is skewed by the 222m Neymar payout :lol:

Luckily we got some gems in Pedri and Araujo & La Masia's made a resurgence after some bad years otherwise we'd be in a very bad situation right now with our other issues with the salary cap.

Yeah, let's pretend the Barto reign is not representative for Barcelona as a whole :lol: I think we all agree you can't do things worse than this.

DonAK

Yeah, let's pretend the Barto reign is not representative for Barcelona as a whole :lol:

Not sure we've gotten off to a good start with 55m and 65m for Ferran Torres and Raphinha respectively either. Hopefully they sell Raphinha sooner rather than later if he keep struggling before his value tanks.

Ferran I think might be a lost cause already.

mc_lovin

Not sure we've gotten off to a good start with 55m and 65m for Ferran Torres and Raphinha respectively either. Hopefully they sell Raphinha sooner rather than later if he keep struggling before his value tanks.

Ferran I think might be a lost cause already.

Mid range transfers on tame salaries shouldn't be a problem for a club like ours to be fair. But oh well, Barto happened. Now it's a fight for survival in regards to FFP, so Ferran hurts.

Generally 1 in 2 working out wouldn't be too bad (Lewy, Kounde vs. Raphina, Ferran). I still like Raphina though.

jamrock

Same, about 5-7 posters jump to that every single time, for years now.

Their is a place for that, but that isn't the solution to all our problems, when it comes to finding inexpensive gems we are about on average to the rest of Europe's big clubs.

Where we failed under he who's name shall not be spoken is spending big on the wrong players.

khaled_a_d

Their is a place for that, but that isn't the solution to all our problems, when it comes to finding inexpensive gems we are about on average to the rest of Europe's big clubs.

What is an inexpensive gem though? Is it a guy signed for 1M? 35M? 45M?
A guy like Salah was 40M signing for Liverpool, but was worth every penny, Enzo was worth 18M for 75% of his rights, Araujo was signed for less than 5M and was a bargain. Vinicius signed for 40M as 17 years old and is a bargain too.
But, Todibo too was also a guy signed for 1M and netted us 16M, same with some other signings like Jutgla, Marlon. You simply need those type of "income" too.

Barca did well under Planas (who worked under both Abidal & Fernandez) in getting those extra cheap bargains tbf, but not many for the above 10-40M signings,
But here is the thing, clubs has several people working for them and those people changes, and while Laporta's board is still fairly new, their young signings leaves a lot to be desired.
Other than Jutgla (and potentially Abde) it doesn't sound too good atm. Y.Demir & E.Demir are too big busts tbh.
There is always room for improvement even in the best organization, I don't see fuss about fans wanting certain aspects of our scouting improved

jamrock

What is an inexpensive gem though? Is it a guy signed for 1M? 35M? 45M?
A guy like Salah was 40M signing for Liverpool, but was worth every penny, Enzo was worth 18M for 75% of his rights, Araujo was signed for less than 5M and was a bargain. Vinicius signed for 40M as 17 years old and is a bargain too.
But, Todibo too was also a guy signed for 1M and netted us 16M, same with some other signings like Jutgla, Marlon. You simply need those type of "income" too.

Barca did well under Planas (who worked under both Abidal & Fernandez) in getting those extra cheap bargains tbf, but not many for the above 10-40M signings,
But here is the thing, clubs has several people working for them and those people changes, and while Laporta's board is still fairly new, their young signings leaves a lot to be desired.
Other than Jutgla (and potentially Abde) it doesn't sound too good atm. Y.Demir & E.Demir are too big busts tbh.
There is always room for improvement even in the best organization, I don't see fuss about fans wanting certain aspects of our scouting improved

Laporta's board has been in place for 1.5 years & where they took us from they've been working miracles, I'm not expecting them to get every little signing right.

but like I said in my statement that you cut off, the same set of fans have been point to Clubs all over Europe who sign players on the cheap that worked out for them for years, well before Laporta current run and on average compared to other big clubs we are doing about as well as they are in that aspect.

Pointing to every player Brighton, Benfica, Ajax are whoever signs like oh why can't we sign those players, yet conveniently forgetting no other big club did either.

Over the years we have signed, Araujo, Perdi, torre,( who they all wanted us to sign), and masia have given us two gems, three if we didn't help to fuck Fati's knee's but time will tell.

That's 6 player, 4 staters (would be 5) for less than 15m euros, can't ask for much more than that, doubt any other top team in Europe is doing better.

Can't just ignore Masia, that's where we've historically gotten most of the "bang for our buck from"

Can we do better & will we have to do better given our current situation, Yes.

But I agree with Mclovin that same people keep repeating the same thing over & over without any prospective.

serghei

If you factor in La Masia things look great, but in terms of pure transfers I rate us a 7/10 max since Barto out. Good, but not great.

The only true flop that is probably loan material like Coutinho soon is Ferran Torres, but that one hurts big time. Any decent offer that comes in the region of 20m sell immediately. Doubt even that is gonna come though, guy can't even complete a simple pass, makes Andre Gomes look like a top player.

Last edited:

jamrock

Gotta always include masia that's where we find most bang for the buck kinda players from, masia/b team. Over the years.

Which is the main complaint from the players who say why didn't we sign X player.

serghei

Gotta always include masia that's where we find most bang for the buck kinda players from, masia/b team. Over the years.

Which is the main complaint from the players who say why didn't we sign X player.

Yeah, but in offense you need transfers, and those have been on the poor side. La Masia generally produces class players in midfield zones, in a reliable consistent manner.

No complains there. But in offense... could do better for sure.

khaled_a_d

When the discussion is about transfers and improving it, bringing La Masia in the discussion makes zero sense.
They are essentially different departments.

Home of Barca Fans