18 - Oriol Romeu

FinBarcelonafan

If this guy starts in the CL we will be out in the group stages.

Xavi and his clown staff need to find a way to make the Barca midfield work with combinations of FDJ/Pedri/Gundogan/Gavi/Firmin

Oreo is just the Eric Garcia midfield equivalent. Last choice and is only here because he’s Catalan.

Ridiculous club and ridiculous singing.

Truth. He is not good enough for Europe. He is getting run over here, imagine Bayern, Frankfurt(just example) or any team with proper legs. They will run over us, as usual.

ajnotkeith

The thing is athletic destroyer type DMs aren't hard to find. They are a dime a dozen and fairly cheap, you can find ones who actually defend and make the safe pass 10x better than Romeu does if that's what you're looking for.

Why it had to be this guy is beyond me. There's nothing particularly good about him other than some decent basic technical ability and size.

I would prefer someone like McTominay to him.

FinBarcelonafan

By far our worst midfielder, he doesn't protect the defense and can't cope with pressure.
Hopefully by next season we get a starter and he will be back up
Xavi needs to find a system where he doesn't play. It's the truth. Romeu won't be part of a team who will be good in CL..

FinBarcelonafan

The thing is athletic destroyer type DMs aren't hard to find. They are a dime a dozen and fairly cheap, you can find ones who actually defend and make the safe pass 10x better than Romeu does if that's what you're looking for.

Why it had to be this guy is beyond me. There's nothing particularly good about him other than some decent basic technical ability and size.

Homegrown. Only reason really and we are broke.

Neeraj

I was wondering the same thing. A cheap guy of his profile is one of the easier finds in football, especially if we aren't expecting any magic with passing. He brings nothing to us, just an outright pathetic signing once again.

Porque

He had a decent season last year and Xavi wanted him for Al Sadd. So lazy scouting.

He's fine as a squad option as many have said.

Thing is I seen two Girona games this season and they are not missing him.

Their system is good, and with the level LaLiga has dropped too, coupled with a ready supply of City group loans and signings, Girona are on the up and will end up a consistent European side.

fergus90

Is anyone actually surprised he’s not up to it? He was playing for Girona at 31.

At Southampton he was okay, but that was a team just trying to finish 17th for the last five years.

Temptation

Don't think I have seen a more reactionary forum in my life. Even the CAF ain't close.

Some people have also decided that Gundogan is wank.

Chill.

JamDav1982

He shouldnt be at Barca.

The 'broke' reason for not finding a better DM wears thin when 9m a season on Inigo to be the 4th choice CB then end up with fucking Romeu at DM.

The issue is what Xavi wants and he sees somehting in these old Spanish players next to no one else does.

Home of Barca Fans