16 - Fermín López

Horatio

You're welcome
Imo way different of a profile than sergi.

Fermin is actually an offensive impulse. Keeps going forward towards goal and creates danger. Sergi was more jack of all trades. Good also for retaining control when you are already up and want players to rest.
Sergi is way more conservative in how he plays and moves.

Gazzznigga

What does this player bring? I can't see it. This is a sorry state of present barca football if this type of player is being touted as the future of the team

ajnotkeith

He's pretty good and he should stick around if we don't get any good offers. I can't see a team paying more than 10 or 15m for him and for that he might as well stay.

Rory

Surprised at the criticism he's getting. Did I miss some fuck up of his yesterday?

He offers quite a lot for counter attacking, transitioning from one area of the pitch to the other and he's a near constant threat in the box. Technically he's no wizard but he's definitely good enough.

Whilst we're not in the business of tiki taka short passing, there's not really any need for every midfielder to be exceptional technically. Especially with the likes of Lewa up front who offers no running. Add to that two wingers who are told to stick on the wings and wait to receive the ball the only movement that happens is from the spare 2 midfielders who aren't on the ball.

Gazzznigga

Surprised at the criticism he's getting. Did I miss some fuck up of his yesterday?

He offers quite a lot for counter attacking, transitioning from one area of the pitch to the other and he's a near constant threat in the box. Technically he's no wizard but he's definitely good enough.

Whilst we're not in the business of tiki taka short passing, there's not really any need for every midfielder to be exceptional technically. Especially with the likes of Lewa up front who offers no running. Add to that two wingers who are told to stick on the wings and wait to receive the ball the only movement that happens is from the spare 2 midfielders who aren't on the ball.
If you don't see lots of misplaced passes, disjointed runs, uncoordinated press, poor techniques at passes when chances are created, non composure and hasty shots at goal in his game, then, we may be watching different players. He is probably still living on the goal he scored against real madrid at the lre season game. I repeat, if he is the go-to man for Xavi as a tactical change in a game, it says a lot about how terribly low barca have fallen. This dude should be farmed out if Barca are really serious

Messigician

If you don't see lots of misplaced passes, disjointed runs, uncoordinated press, poor techniques at passes when chances are created, non composure and hasty shots at goal in his game, then, we may be watching different players. He is probably still living on the goal he scored against real madrid at the lre season game. I repeat, if he is the go-to man for Xavi as a tactical change in a game, it says a lot about how terribly low barca have fallen. This dude should be farmed out if Barca are really serious
Look standards have lowered okay

Rory

Yes he does those things, as said he's no technical wizard. He offers a different profile, when he's on the pitch we create more chances. He's managed to be relatively effective in the minutes given.

Sometimes that's all you need from a youth player who costs us no money, low wages and loves the club. What else do you expect from a 5th/6th choice midfielder? Especially when we have no money to make a big improvement in that area.

JohnN

If there is a checklist of attributes a pro player should have he ticks all the boxes. To what level is another story. But Pedri, does not tick all the boxes. So in reality, I would still want the club to replace Pedri as a starter and keep Fermin as a backup.

Messi983

The only box Pedri doesn't check is availability which is obviously a big problem.

But if he can finally stay healthy and fullfil his potential then Fermin is not even in the same ballpark with him. And that's not a knock on Fermin because I like what he brings to the team.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think Fermin is a bit underrated even though I have criticized him on points. He has pretty great vision where he plays very good 1 touch passes between lines.

With forwards with pace and good timing could lead to a lot of goals.

He’s weak in receiving and controlling aerial balls under pressure tho

Home of Barca Fans