13 - Iñaki Peña

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Short GKs need to be exceptional shot-stoppers to work. Like Keylor Navas.

Inaki Pena and Arnau Tenas aren't that.

Porque

I'm sure you can get much better goalkeepers on the free agent market every year than Pena.

With salary cap issues though, I guess Pena is on really low wages and won't complain about not playing. But we're talking about a LaLiga winning, CL contender club here. If Stegen goes down then so does our whole season. And we can't keep running that risk with guys like Pena as backup goalkeeper.

soul24rage

I'm sure you can get much better goalkeepers on the free agent market every year than Pena.

With salary cap issues though, I guess Pena is on really low wages and won't complain about not playing. But we're talking about a LaLiga winning, CL contender club here. If Stegen goes down then so does our whole season. And we can't keep running that risk with guys like Pena as backup goalkeeper.
Yeah I'm worried about a back up GK.

I hope the club is thinking about this too.

khaled_a_d

I was hoping he won't renew but for whatever reason it happened.
Looks like Laporta's first tenure, we ran with Jorquera until injuries happened, so we get Pinto
Whom we also ran into ground until Valdes injuries

Porque

Maybe it is just his face, but he always looks like the pressure has got to him.

Compare it to Valdes or Tenas with resting cunt face where you know a mistake won't break their confidence.

Porque

He is worse than Tenas and earns 3 times more than Tenas would have earned if we took up his automatic renewal.

Bad business all around.

xXKonan

Felt like we didn't want to invest in a backup GK and Pena probably took advantage of that and got a nice extension and a pay raise that he clearly isn't worth so to speak for his current abilities.

JamDav1982

Tenas hasnt proven anything either really and was awful with balls into the box for B team.

Pena will be more highly rated of two at club even if not great.

Tenas should have been sent on loan last season as left no really having a full picture of his level.

Pena was ok at Galatasary. Nothing special.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans