10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
To be perfectly honest I`m not pleased with Messi. He took that 10 shirt way too soon after Maradona decided to get rid of Riquelme. I love Messi but this was a mistake and showed the lack of respect for his former team mate.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
You're honestly disappointed? I'm in favour, Riquelme thinks the sun shines out of his arse so screw him.I'm glad he got the number 10, he's the true heir.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
He didn't choose the shirt, before the game Maradona said he hadn't decided who to give it to, think it was between him and Tevez. And to be honest, no-one else deserved it, look at who you're talking about, the coach and the number. Couldn't and shouldn't have been anyone else.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Messi is new generation and deserves it.
A shame Riquelme had to go in such a shameful way

R10(FCB)

Crazy
To be perfectly honest I`m not pleased with Messi. He took that 10 shirt way too soon after Maradona decided to get rid of Riquelme. I love Messi but this was a mistake and showed the lack of respect for his former team mate.

Messi deserve number 10. He is maybe to young to be captain but number 10 is number for best player in the squad and i think that Messi is the best in Argentina.

Evil

Shabazz
No.10 is usually given to the most important player in the team. Ronaldinho back in the day, Robinho in Man.City, Del Piero for Juve, Messi with Barca, Aguero for Atletico, Etc. Etc. In this case I don´t see any player who is more important for Argentina than Messi. So it´s well deserved.

shadows

No.10 is usually given to the most important player in the team. Ronaldinho back in the day, Robinho in Man.City, Del Piero for Juve, Messi with Barca, Aguero for Atletico, Etc. Etc. In this case I don´t see any player who is more important for Argentina than Messi. So it´s well deserved.

Exactly..Considering all de play in Argentina goes thru Messi he shud be de 10 in de team..He deserves it!

alexjanosik

The Game
Now that Riquelme will no longer play for Argentina Messi will have to take up all the creative burden.Their midfield is not very creative.Against Venezuela they played with 2 DM.
With Riquelme gone he is the only one who deserves the No.10 jersey.

Z

Zin

He also did more than enough in the game to win MOTM, and deserve his status as the new #10. His run at the end of the game was magic.

Warik

Looks like our little Leo is getting married next year...

"Argentinian newspaper La Capital claims that Barcelona attacker and Argentinian international Lionel Messi will marry next year with his girlfriend Antonella.

Sources close to both families would have revealed to the paper that the couple has made the decision to marry. Although a concrete date hasn't yet been fixed, the wedding will take place in their hometown Rosario at the end of 2010.

Argentinian news site Taringa claims that the full name of Messi's girlfriend is Antonella Roccuzzo and that the girl is 19 years old. She is a fan of Newell's Old Boys, the club Messi played for between 1995 and 2000, and would already know the player since childhood. Antonella is the niece of Lucas Scaglia, one of Messi's closest friends who also played at Newell's Old Boys, and the two would have met for the first time at Lucas' place.

Messi confirmed his relationship earlier this week in an interview with Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo: "It's already one year that my girlfriend is with me and until now nobody knew about it. Well, people saw us together but they thought it was something normal. I didn't know that there would be paparazzi at the Sitges carnival. If we wouldn't have gone there, people still wouldn't have known anything. But it doesn't matter.

I'm growing as a player and as a person. And of clourse Antonella is helping me. I knew here since I was five years old, she's the niece of my best friend, she's from Rosarios like myself. I saw her grow up and she saw me grow up. Our families know each other, so I didn't have any doubts."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans