Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Porque

After watching a bit more of Vitor I'd rather keep Ansu than spend 40m on the Brazilian.

There's definitely a question mark regarding his technical ability. I know he is a FW so can have more lenience than out wide, but has an average technique forward ever succeeded here?

Just look how out of sorts Griezmann looked here, and Ferran of course.

Messi983

There's definitely a question mark regarding his technical ability. I know he is a FW so can have more lenience than out wide, but has an average technique forward ever succeeded here?

I don't have all that much problem with his technical abilities. it's more that price is too high for an unproven Brazilian kid in our situation and I doubt his ceilling is really that high he should be considered a can't miss signing.

Maybe if he stays in Brazil for another year and keeps developing but if brought now he wouldn't even be playing much (and would so be unlikely to reach his full potential) because we know Lewy is almost undroppable for Xavi (he even played full 90 minutes in all these dead rubber games at the end of the season) and while Roque could potentially play on the wings he's not ideal fit there either.

I like some things about Vitor, has that attitude and determination that's more usual for Uruguayan strikers (Suarez, Cavani, even Darwin nowadays) than Brazilian elegance and technique. And he'll probably make his career based more on that than his pure talent.

If the club thinks high enough of him I'm not strongly against signing Vitor but prefer investing money from the sale of Ferran if we can find a buyer (good luck with that, Deco and Mateu :lol:) or Raphinha (he's not going anywhere because Xavi can't admit he made another mistake after Ferran - no doubt Raphinha is a more useful player between the two though) rather than Fati.

At this point I'm just not willing to fully give up on Ansu. Ofc it's risky as can get re-injured (but then again we've stucked with Dembele for frickin 6 years and will continue to keep faith in him) but he'll now be a full year away from injury and I expect a much better version of him next season. And I also believe he still has some of that killer instinct in him he's shown as a 16-17 year old kid that I've not seen in Vitor nor in many other teenagers over the last 5-10 years.

People tend to forget how good he was when he made a breakthrough and are just too fast to give up on young players. In this social media era many fans would probably even want to sell a young Messi when he was dealing with some injuries early in his career. (And no, I'm not comparing Ansu and Messi as players.)

Just need for Xavi to figure out how to get the best out of him. He's not Dembele so don't use him like that.

Andresito

Staff member

Where do you get your position abbreviations from? PES? Would've thought the one used in Transfermarkt is the adopted system.

Messi983

Fy7_pLeWcAAXUWt

Porque

Selling Fati is better for FFP, but damn both should go and get a proper wide player.

Even if it ends being Carrasco.

Even Kangin would have been better.

Home of Barca Fans