Neymar vs Ronaldinho

Neymar vs Ronaldinho

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Laplacian

Ronaldinho's 2002 world cup is overrated because he was a part of the winning team. He had one good game out of 7. The heroes of that tournament were Rivaldo and Ronaldo Nazario.

Daisymorr

Neymar for Longevity and goals but Ronaldinho for hitting the higher peak of the two. Neymar has missed the boat on outdoing R10's peak level.

BBZ8800

Neymar for Longevity and goals but Ronaldinho for hitting the higher peak of the two. Neymar has missed the boat on outdoing R10's peak level.

What kind of longetivity about Neymar?

A guy played 4 seasons in big leagues and managed to win only 2 La liga titles in 4 years.
Before that he played at Brazil and after Barca he retired from football (or played in Ligue 1, that is more or less the same).

Ronaldinho at least played 5 seasons for Barca and 2 and a half for AC Milan, the 2nd most successful European club of all time.
So, Ronnie played 7 and a half seasons in big leagues.
Neymar played 4.

Ronnie won a world cup, Neymar hadn't.
They both have 1 CL title, where Ronnie's is the more important since it came after 14 years of us being shit, while Neymar won it with MSN, Barca's vesrion of Galacticos.
Ronnie revieved Barca who hadn't won La Liga for 5 years.
Neymar came to MSN and managed to win 2 La Ligas in 4 years in the most expensive team ever, only for EV to win 2 out 2 La ligas without him after he left (and almost broke invincible records), lol.

Ronaldinho should be compared with Messi, Cr7, Pele and Maradona.

Not with this Neymar clown.

Last edited:

Laplacian

What kind of longetivity about Neymar?

A guy played 4 seasons in big leagues and managed to win only 2 La liga titles in 4 years.
Before that he played at Brazil and after Barca he retired from football (or played in Ligue 1, that is more or less the same).

Ronaldinho at least played 5 seasons for Barca and 2 and a half for AC Milan, the 2nd most successful European club of all time.
So, Ronnie played 7 and a half seasons in big leagues.
Neymar played 4.

Ronnie won a world cup, Neymar hadn't.
They both have 1 CL title, where Ronnie's is the more important since it came after 14 years of us being shit, while Neymar won it with MSN, Barca's vesrion of Galacticos.
Ronnie revieved Barca who hadn't won La Liga for 5 years.
Neymar came to MSN and managed to win 2 La Ligas in 4 years in the most expensive team ever, only for EV to win 2 out 2 La ligas without him after he left (and almost broke invincible records), lol.

Ronaldinho should be compared with Messi, Cr7, Pele and Maradona.

Not with this Neymar clown.

Longevity because Neymar at the very least lasted 4 more years than Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho started his decline at the age of 26 and was already irrelevant by the age of 29. Neymar's pretty much still being the best player in one of the best teams in Europe, playing at the highest level whilst being the standout player in said matches at pretty much the same age Ronaldinho went into semi-retirement.

Very easy to win the world cup when you're surrounded by all time greats. Notice how you only linked the goal against England, it was literally his only good game and you're acting like he's the reason Brazil won the world cup. Ronaldo and Rivaldo were the standout attackers, with a combined 20 G/A, followed by Brazil's world class defense.

Neymar did more for Brazil in 2014 than Ronaldinho did for for Brazil in 2002. Replace Neymar with Ronaldinho in that squad, and Brazil's fate remains the same. Replace Ronaldo or Rivaldo with Neymar and things change drastically.

Ronaldinho was irrelevant to Brazil's world cup glory.

HanDW

Ronaldinho international career is definitely underwhelming if you take away the 2002 WC, as Brazil main man he only won the confed cup (same as Neymar), then nothing, no Copas (not even a final) and went out sad in 2006 despite being at the peak of his powers.

ebc_99

Why would you take away the World Cup in 2002 then? :lol: Maradona never won the Copa either nor played in a Final, Ronaldinho helped his country win the World Cup what else does he need to do?

His peak was higher than Neymars but it didn't last long, but he didn't have a Messi or Ronaldo playing at the same time which has made Neymar look worse in comparison.

Laplacian

Why would you take away the World Cup in 2002 then? :lol: Maradona never won the Copa either nor played in a Final, Ronaldinho helped his country win the World Cup what else does he need to do?

His peak was higher than Neymars but it didn't last long, but he didn't have a Messi or Ronaldo playing at the same time which has made Neymar look worse in comparison.

Wrong comparison boomer, try again.

The point is Ronaldinho wasn't a key figure in their world cup win in 2002, the other legends were. You know the top goal scorer Ronaldo, and the golden ball winner Rivaldo with the most assists in the tournament.
Ronaldinho had one good game and it was against England.
Because he ended up being a star later on people for some reason started attributing the WC win to Ronaldinho as a part of his exploits. It's literally congratulating someone for being a part of the team.

Maradona carried Argentina and Napoli to titles, and that's why he's legendary.
Ronaldinho is being called legendary for being a bit part player in the WC 2002 team.

Pivotal player for Barcelona's era in 2003-2006, yes. He was forgettable for Brazil in terms of performances. It's no surprise that once the legends declined and fizzled out which left him as the main man of the Brazilian team, the team declined and became a laughing stock of Brazilian football until the early 2010s.

All you need to do is rewatch the Brazilian world cup, it's all available online. The greatest PR job in modern football is convincing people Ronaldinho had anything to do with the world cup outside of the England game. He got a red card and there wasn't even a drop in quality in the semifinals.

Last edited:

jamrock

Every time I hear lapacian refer to the 2002 WC I laugh my ass off, because he so clearly didn't see it, yet he talks shit 🤣🤣.

But even if you restrict dinho's impact to one game, then you could make a legit & factually argument that without him Brazilian literally wouldn't have not won the WC.

The 2006 WC was suppose to he Ronaldinho show piece after literally basically single handedly bring Barelona to the CL final that year (actually watch the games before talking crap), but the Brazilian coach whose name slips me was a freaking idiot with his 4-2-2-2 and building his team around a then well past it Ronaldo, the coach always had a Ronaldo hard on, since that WC Ronaldinho was never the same, but came back the season after and did I think 20 goals & 20 assist to almost win Barca the league after we have many injuries.

Put real respect when you hear the name Ronaldinho.

There has been a few players in history than will rank above when you consider longevity, what they won, game to game consistency.
Messi
Ronaldo
cristiano

To name a few.
But at his best there is not 1 single player in the history of football that's better, NOT 1, as good but not better.

People sleep on how game this man was & the joy he brought to the game, not tricks. JOY.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Also reminder that Ronaldinho is everything you hate in a player, BBZ

1. Consistently came to trainings late, or skipped them.

2. Came to training sessions drunk.

3 Consistently partied, even right before the match days.

4. Was (still is I believe) an alcoholic and because of his status as a player in the club, he often infected other players (especially young impressionable ones) with his bad habits.

That's why he declined in his mid-20s instead of enjoying his prime.

Can't wait to hear something like "but Ronaldinho was all joy and brought that sort of joy to the game, if you made him act like a proper professional he'd stop dribbling and all his flair. He needed alcoholism to play the way he did!"

Literally the reasons you hate on tons of players today, BBZ. But you'd rather meme on Dembele playing playstation whilst gargling on the alcoholic and drugged out testicles of Ronaldinho.

BBZ8800

Ronaldinho international career is definitely underwhelming if you take away the 2002 WC, as Brazil main man he only won the confed cup (same as Neymar), then nothing, no Copas (not even a final) and went out sad in 2006 despite being at the peak of his powers.

Wtf?

In 1999, he was a kid, he was a part of Brazil team who won Copa America.
In 2001, he didn't play at Copa.
In 2004, he didn't play at Copa.
In 2007, he didn't play at Copa.
In 2011, he didn't play at Copa.

He literally only played World cup 2002 as a 22 years old kid (for a comparison, he was as equally as old as current Riki Puig).
And WC 2006.
He played 2 big tournaments, winning 1.

He is not Messi who played 6 Copa Americas 4 World cups (winning 1 out of 10).

Longevity because Neymar at the very least lasted 4 more years than Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho started his decline at the age of 26 and was already irrelevant by the age of 29. Neymar's pretty much still being the best player in one of the best teams in Europe, playing at the highest level whilst being the standout player in said matches at pretty much the same age Ronaldinho went into semi-retirement.

Very easy to win the world cup when you're surrounded by all time greats. Notice how you only linked the goal against England, it was literally his only good game and you're acting like he's the reason Brazil won the world cup. Ronaldo and Rivaldo were the standout attackers, with a combined 20 G/A, followed by Brazil's world class defense.

Neymar did more for Brazil in 2014 than Ronaldinho did for for Brazil in 2002. Replace Neymar with Ronaldinho in that squad, and Brazil's fate remains the same. Replace Ronaldo or Rivaldo with Neymar and things change drastically.

Ronaldinho was irrelevant to Brazil's world cup glory.

I am never sure how old are you, but based on that "boomer" joke, I would say that you are surely younger than me.
Then I would like to ask you, have you watched Ronaldinho week in-week out when he was on his prime, or you just know the older Ronnie (from pre-Pep and Pep' days) like majority of younger fans?
And do you know him from revisionism-wikipedia and Youtube vidoes?

About WC in 2002, lol.
They were 3Rs.
Ronnie was their 3rd guy.
Like Iniesta in Pep's era (behind Messi and Xavi).

I will try to explain my view in numbers.

Imagine if Barca without superstars have a strength 70 (from manager games or Fifa videogames).
Then, if you add Messi to a team:
= team will jump to 95 strength.
= but, that team will win a lot, Messi will break individual records, but a team as a whole will suffer and be unbalanced
Imo, Messi is bringing goals and wins, but the team is becoming his prisoner to some extent.
Also, another problem, Messi will bring you wins against smaller and midtable teams, while against big boys, he will usually get neutralised, and then the whole team will disappear due to that nature of the whole team depending on Messi and not knowing how to play without him.

Similar is with Neymar.
If you add him to Barca, Barca will go from strength 70 to let's say strength 85.
He will bring moves, goals and wins, but the team as a whole will suffer and a team will also be his "prisoner".
The same as with Messi, against big teams, Neymar is neutralized and the team will lose.

With Ronnie, imo, it is different.
He will lift the team from the strength 70 to 90.
So, his team will never be as strong as Messi's, but the team will never be his prisoner/playground.
When Messi or Neymar plays, the whole team has to adjust to them, the whole team has to cover for them and it is Messi/Neymar and 10 waterboys.
With Ronnie, imo, he is lifting the team up, but he is not killing the team and he is not ruining the balance.

You wrote that Ronnie became irrelevant after 2006, lol.
He had his best goalscoring season in 2006/07.

Further, there is a lot of debates on our forum whether we play too slow, whether we have too much possession etc.
And now, when you mentioned that Ronnie sucked after 2006, I opened some Youtube videos to check some things, and what surprised me was: WOW, we played so fast.
When watching even declined Ronaldinho from 2006/07 season, he played like three times faster than balldwelling Messi and Neymar.
Messi likes to deop to a pivot/CM position, then dwell on a ball and wait until the opponents take their position and then he tries the hero ball.
Neymar likes to dribble past 4 opponents and even if he succeeds, then he slows down, let them return to their positions and then he has to dribble past them again.
So, basically, often Neymar is dribbling without any purpose. He is doing it just for the show and youtube clips.

Now, to get my point, I actually liked Ronnie's playstyle more than Neymar's or even Messi's.
Because it was less about him, and he was lifting the whole team up.
He wasn't ballwelling.
And I had more faith in him in big matches than in Messi/Neymar.
Because Messi is moody, sulking and if he is having a bad day, he will walk for 90 minutes in the biggest match of a season.
Neymar is kinda physically weak and slow-ish, so it is easy to neutralize and foul him.
On the other hand, Ronnie was an animal.
It was harder to foul/catch him, and he was releasing the ball WAY FASTER than Messi and Neymar, which made our team way faster, more lethal and direct, so we didn't have to face parked buses all the time, like today with slow Busi/Messi/Pique builduip.

Anyway, check the video from a declining Ronnie from 2006/07 and check how fast he releases the ball.
In a lot of actions, try to imagine Messi and especially Neymar in his position and you would think:
Neymar wouldn't pass, he would try to dribble past 3 more players.
Or: Messi would also dribble past one more player and tried a shot instead of passing.

Now, watch this and check those passes, faster releasing of the ball, no balldwelling, no dribbling through 4 players for no reason, no playing through the middle if oyu are surrounded by 3 players, forward passes all the time, long balls to a RW etc:

Last edited:

Laplacian

Every time I hear lapacian refer to the 2002 WC I laugh my ass off, because he so clearly didn't see it, yet he talks shit ����.

But even if you restrict dinho's impact to one game, then you could make a legit & factually argument that without him Brazilian literally wouldn't have not won the WC.

The 2006 WC was suppose to he Ronaldinho show piece after literally basically single handedly bring Barelona to the CL final that year (actually watch the games before talking crap), but the Brazilian coach whose name slips me was a freaking idiot with his 4-2-2-2 and building his team around a then well past it Ronaldo, the coach always had a Ronaldo hard on, since that WC Ronaldinho was never the same, but came back the season after and did I think 20 goals & 20 assist to almost win Barca the league after we have many injuries.

Put real respect when you hear the name Ronaldinho.

There has been a few players in history than will rank above when you consider longevity, what they won, game to game consistency.
Messi
Ronaldo
cristiano

To make a few
But at his best there is not 1 single player in the history of football that's better, NOT 1, as good but not better.

People sleep on how game this man was & the joy he brought to the game, not tricks. JOY.

In other words,
"I was a teenager and/or in my early 20s when Ronaldinho became big so I romanticize the shit out of him because I associate his time as a player with my youth."

Lmao, only 3 players better than Ronaldinho. Delusional.

"but but but it was the coaches fault for the 2006.."
You can find online articles and pictures of Ronaldinho and co. partying during the world cup tournament. :lol:

Keep simping for an alcoholic that declined and gained 40kg before he was 30!

BBZ8800

Also reminder that Ronaldinho is everything you hate in a player, BBZ

1. Consistently came to trainings late, or skipped them.

2. Came to training sessions drunk.

3 Consistently partied, even right before the match days.

4. Was (still is I believe) an alcoholic and because of his status as a player in the club, he often infected other players (especially young impressionable ones) with his bad habits.

That's why he declined in his mid-20s instead of enjoying his prime.

Can't wait to hear something like "but Ronaldinho was all joy and brought that sort of joy to the game, if you made him act like a proper professional he'd stop dribbling and all his flair. He needed alcoholism to play the way he did!"

Literally the reasons you hate on tons of players today, BBZ. But you'd rather meme on Dembele playing playstation whilst gargling on the alcoholic and drugged out testicles of Ronaldinho.

Neymar is an asshole on the field, the whole world hates him.
Ronnie was a guy whom the whole world loved.
Even my sister and similar who didn't follow footoball, they all loved Ronnie.

I have never heard from those family members that they like Neymar, lol.

Ronnie was not the best professional.
But during those few years on prime, he was maybe the GOAT.

You think that I should hate him, but I don't.
Maybe it's a recency bias, but Messi disappointed me way more and gave me way more walking-sulking-nights than Ronnie during their career.

jamrock

In other words,
"I was a teenager and/or in my early 20s when Ronaldinho became big so I romanticize the shit out of him because I associate his time as a player with my youth."

Lmao, only 3 players better than Ronaldinho. Delusional.

"but but but it was the coaches fault for the 2006.."
You can find online articles and pictures of Ronaldinho and co. partying during the world cup tournament. :lol:

Keep simping for an alcoholic that declined and gained 40kg before he was 30!

I said to name a few, indicate they're other names there that I didn't list, keep up bro.

& Actually be informed when you speak of something are keav it alone, youtube clips aren't enough.

Home of Barca Fans