La Liga | Round 24: FC Barcelona - Cadiz 1-1

Gari

Suarez in Griezmanns position today would surely sniff out a goal, and he would not have a higher error% either.
I don't think Suarez, or even Haaland, is the answer to Barcelonas problem, but neither is Dembele or Griezmann.
They need players to play even more carefully, but obviously also with more soul and better organization. And the lack of character was very easy to see after 1-1 against PSG

I think that is not the point. And if Messi was not on the field, we would also think so, but he was. And last season there was Suarez and it was the same.

Bobo32

I think that is not the point. And if Messi was not on the field, we would also think so, but he was. And last season there was Suarez and it was the same.

What is the point then?
I think Barcelona need more control in general, and less Suarez/Vidal/Haaland type of soulful/aggressive players.
I think in todays game, having a Suarez would be enough though, just as it often was before, but I would much prefer prime Villa+Pedro on the flanks.

So many times today did Messi look up for the run and Griezmann would jog. On one occasion Messi gave him the pass outside for a clear chance, and he just did the obvious thing and the shot was blocked.
It is almost impossible to win with such players.

Porque

Another day this is a 1-0 victory and the ref doesn't give that pen (ahem, yesterday with Real Madrid).

Doesn't gloss over the problems the team has. But has to be said how the margins were against us earlier.

Same with Atletico Madrid. Another day and Oblak gets a penalty for that clear rugby tackle. Instead 20 seconds later they have lost 2-0.

JerseyAddict

Mah... Another day... Another dissapointment. Every time I think this season hits bottom they somehow make it deeper.

Windhook

I don't remember, being a fan of this club since 1994/95, a worse season/period. Yeah, back in 2002/03 the club was, at one period, a few points above relegation zone, but replacing Van Gaal with Antic improved things instantly. Also Iniesta got his debut under Van Gaal (Victor Valdes, too), which was probably the best thing to happen that season and an end to the downward spiral after Figo's exit in 2000.

It kind of feels the same right now. We have few La Masia players breaking through, Puig and Mingueza, also including Araujo and Pedri. They show promise and with some transfers things could improve drastically. But there is the Messi dilemma, the whole system is based around him and when it's not his day Barca are destined to fuck up. What Cadiz proved today is our defence and midfield crack easily when pressured and every mistake leads to a goal.

Pointless to delve into this tactic when facing tough CL teams. They run over our midfield, we don't have the quality to dominate in this 4-3-3 system at this point with these players. Also a minor detail in our post-COVID performance is the empty Camp Nou.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I just came from work and see this result. What is this guys ? Cant we win against cadiz at home anymore ? Koeman said the team wants to show a reaction after PSG. Where was this reaction ?

cro-man

Truly shocking. Neither can they defend the easiest things nor they can score the simplest chances.

What a wonderfull squad this is. The worst is that our bench is even worse.

There is no way to escape from this. Since day 1 every game is a fight. Against good teams we always loose and against small team we barrely win or draw.

We are broke and cant even rebuild this team. Just close the club and embrace the good things we had:lol: before it end up even worse.

We could end up from the best club in the world to the biggest clownshow ever seen at this level.

Richard.H

Nothing will change at the club until we go through a complete overhaul. This club has failed to adapt to the modern game and a decade of mismanagement (Rossell) will haunt this club. It's not a simple fix like bringing in a new coach or new player. I don't give a fuk if Klopp is brought in with Haaland, nothing is changing unless it's a complete overhaul of players and a reimagination of the club identity.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Nothing will change at the club until we go through a complete overhaul. This club has failed to adapt to the modern game and a decade of mismanagement (Rossell) will haunt this club. It's not a simple fix like bringing in a new coach or new player. I don't give a fuk if Klopp is brought in with Haaland, nothing is changing unless it's a complete overhaul of players and a reimagination of the club identity.

For sure. The board direction was so incompetent that you’d wish it was some inside madridista job.

behindbrowneyes

I'd really like to blame Lenglet on this, but a team that doesn't score from open play against fucking Cadiz doesn't really deserve to win. Cadiz got 15 scored against them in their last 4 La Liga-games.

malvolio

I'd really like to blame Lenglet on this, but a team that doesn't score from open play against fucking Cadiz doesn't really deserve to win. Cadiz got 15 scored against them in their last 4 La Liga-games.

was really a soft penalty, as ours for the matter. but spanish refs are a special breed.

attack is our biggest problem. we just don't score enough to control games or intimidate opponents. as leaky as our defense is, scoring our chances earlier would have put the game to bed.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

This. We cant score from open play against cadiz so we dont deserve a win. I have not the feeling the team wants to win the la liga title, i bet most of our players want the end of the season to relax.

raedkuwait

we dont score enough cause no body can fucking shoot, we have no shooters, every players is scared to shoot, only messi shoots
we have no headers, we have no balls hhhh, how the fuck are we gone score then, by kissing to ball to the net?!!!

Home of Barca Fans