Copa 1/4 Final: Granada - FC Barcelona 3-5

Birdy

Would love to see xG map for this one.

Looking at you, @Birdy ;)

My usual places to look for have not posted anything yet.
Copa games are not covered consistently,:(

But I will give it a couple more days to see if something gets posted

gregorrin10

Im actually impressed that my joke managed to go over your head with you sitting on such a high horse.

oh stfu already, you muppet. For all of you with your whining and negative vibe you're always gonna have that excuse of 'I was just joking' in your locker ready for when your big mouth gets proven wrong.

BerkeleyBernie

Puig's urgency changed the game, such a dynamic player. Need to use him more.

I don't see folks recognizing that Puig is the most Xavi-esque player we've had since...Xavi. By that, I mean his constant movement to provide an extra man in any area of the field. He's quick to get there, quick to release the ball when he has it, and his passes are thumped with pace (more than any other player on the team) and accuracy. It's like having an extra player on the pitch and that's why the team is more dynamic- he manufactures overloads which open spaces for his teammates to go on attack (and wears down the opponent).

By far my favorite Barca player to watch right now.

FinBarcelonafan

These just goes to show the level of over reactions on this forum is quite astonishing. Don't know if you guys are undercover Madrid fans or just really really sad people to only bash this team, the last one even right after we scored to take the lead. Toxic stuff.

How did you feel when the game was 2-0? Loving life?

JohnN

What a rollercoaster of a game.
Giving away 2 goals from mistakes.
Hiting the crossbare countless times with great efforts.
A ref giving a stupid penalty against us (pretty common these days)
Team playing with such intent and intensity after 80th minute I couldn't believe it.
Koeman did use Puig exactly at the kind of game he was needed. Against a pressing Parked bus.
Everything else has been already said, good win!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Even though they fell behind in the 1st half I was quite happy with their level of play early. It was the poor reaction after getting to 0-2 that bothered me until late when subs were finally made

The Dest penalty was dubious but as I have commented elsewhere you can't give Spanish refs an easy call like that by pushing a player ahead of you in the box - it's begging for a penalty

Ref was poor per usual but I am more annoyed by the accumulation of fouls by Yen Eteki that didn't see him get booked until he popped Leo in the mouth late - meanwhile Leo makes one foul and is booked

Standard of refereeing in Spain is poor if not altogether corrupt

Was there even a push? More like two guys running with body contact. German commentators were really upset with the call and called it absolutely wrong again and again as the game went on.

behindbrowneyes

A pleasure to see the team fighting to the end like this. Physically and mentally they have improved a lot in the last few months.

serghei

I don't see folks recognizing that Puig is the most Xavi-esque player we've had since...Xavi. By that, I mean his constant movement to provide an extra man in any area of the field. He's quick to get there, quick to release the ball when he has it, and his passes are thumped with pace (more than any other player on the team) and accuracy. It's like having an extra player on the pitch and that's why the team is more dynamic- he manufactures overloads which open spaces for his teammates to go on attack (and wears down the opponent).

By far my favorite Barca player to watch right now.

Exactly.

Andresito

Staff member
Once again we have problems with finishing. Can only hope it'll improve before the PSG game, but unlikely.

FC B

First really enjoyable match from Barca since ever. The fact the they didn't give up mentally and they managed to run like that for 120 minutes really impressed me.

Vilarrubi

Once again we have problems with finishing. Can only hope it'll improve before the PSG game, but unlikely.

Finishing and defensive mistakes. A lot of goals we concede are dumb mistakes. If we improved those two areas we are really looking decent.

malvolio

Finishing and defensive mistakes. A lot of goals we concede are dumb mistakes. If we improved those two areas we are really looking decent.

i feel like midfield is overlooked right now. maybe pedri exploding on to the scene and FDJ resurgence has done that. sorry, but we aren't much better there.

we lack control from midfield, that's why the whole roller-coaster scenario repeats itself in many games. and that's why many times the defense is left exposed and on the back foot(not forgetting the individual quality of defenders, which is shit).

JamDav1982

i feel like midfield is overlooked right now. maybe pedri exploding on to the scene and FDJ resurgence has done that. sorry, but we aren't much better there.

we lack control from midfield, that's why the whole roller-coaster scenario repeats itself in many games. and that's why many times the defense is left exposed and on the back foot(not forgetting the individual quality of defenders, which is shit).

The Barca midfield is far better now and performing as a midfield allowed to have more freedom as opposed to cover for other older players.

The weakness in mid is Busquets at DM being so slow and being pulled out of position but even then it is much improved.

Home of Barca Fans