CL | 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - FC Bayern Munich 2-8

Gnidrologist

Inexperienced and light Puig against physically strong Germans.

Sounds like a million dollar idea.
The only piece missing is Puig-Fati combo.
No worries, fam. "Experienced" Rakitic & other geriatrics shitting their pants and concede yet another humiliation for umpteenth time against first formidable opponent in CL is what will happen to this meme club. You should be happy with Setien as there is no chance he will allow even a cameo from the youth against Bayern after he pussied out subbing any of the geezers even late in the second half, where they were all gassed out and team needed fresh legs. Setien is Valverde 2.0.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Most successive home games without defeat

35* Barcelona (18/09/2013 -)
29 Bayern Munchen (04/03/1998 - 02/04/2002)
Arsenal (14/09/2004 - 15/04/2009)
23 Juventus (02/10/2013 - 13/02/2018)
23 Manchester United (27/09/2005 - 03/11/2009)

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Most successive home games without defeat

35* Barcelona (18/09/2013 -)
29 Bayern Munchen (04/03/1998 - 02/04/2002)
Arsenal (14/09/2004 - 15/04/2009)
23 Juventus (02/10/2013 - 13/02/2018)
23 Manchester United (27/09/2005 - 03/11/2009)

Even though we played sometimes bad at home we have the magic not to lose. With this balance sheet its terrifiying that Barca played only one final since 2014.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

We have De Jong and Messi while Bayern has Lewandowski, Thiago , Gnabry, Kimmich, Davies, Coman. Atleast Puig should play therewith we have a chance.

BarcaOG

Banned
this is the only way i see us beating bayern:
1- messi has a top match
2- suarez performs at at least 85% of his capacity (lately he's been at like...40%)
3- Griezmann clicks with Leo
4- Neuer makes a mistake and has a bad game
5- Mats has a top match
6- Lewandowski has a poor match

Not promising...so much has to come together for this to work. At least its a one-off match in a neutral stadium. that benefits us more than it does bayern

BBZ8800

Where were you when Puig ran circles around physical monsters Partey and Saul?

He played 1 good game in off season against AM?

Arthur dominated for Months and turned out to be a bum. So, what can you say after 2-3 off season matches?

Regarding Puig, this is a current situation:
1) if Raki and Busi will play, and if we lose, we'll have to read for years how Puig should have played (the same as with a mighty Arthur on Anfield)
2) if Raki and Busi will play and we win, people will again ask for Puig
3) if Puig will play and we lose, he won't be guilty. Him, Fati and Frenkie will be last on a pecking order of scapegoats
4) if Puig will play and we win, he will earn a credit for the next 100 years

So, you see, we are again in a state of an infinite loop on a forum where a forum favorite can't be wrong, no matter if we win or lose.
The same applies for Frenkie and Fati.

So, excuse me if I won't reply to all posts.
I'll just point to this loop created by desperate fans since we have been here 100s times already and we'll be in it till the end of time (with new 2-3 players each season).

** Out of fun, I need to ask Gnidrologist this question: since we had this discussion about Arthur 100 of times while he was "hyped" here.
So Gnidro, what is your final verdict of Arthur?
Were you wrong about him for years or what happened?
Thanks

JohnN

Inexperienced and light Puig against physically strong Germans.

Sounds like a million dollar idea.
The only piece missing is Puig-Fati combo.

Other option for 4-4-2 would be sergi perhaps on the right and Vidal at the top of the diamond. But we will lack creativity.
We still need to score at some point, not only avoid conceeding plenty of goals.
I would not use Raki for this match, so for me he isn't an option.
Furthermore, if we have already accepted that we are heavy underdogs, we might as well throw a curve ball.

BBZ8800

Other option for 4-4-2 would be sergi perhaps on the right and Vidal at the top of the diamond. But we will lack creativity.
We still need to score at some point, not only avoid conceeding plenty of goals.
I would not use Raki for this match, so for me he isn't an option.
Furthermore, if we have already accepted that we are heavy underdogs, we might as well throw a curve ball.

442 is not a bad idea.
Busi, Vidal, Frenkie, Bob
Suarez, Messi

And hope for a magic created at Bernabeu under EV with a similar formation.

Richard.H

I remember in 2013 SF when Alba got absolutely manhandled by Muller for one of the goals. It was hilarious, because he dived and tried to act like it was a foul. Dude got straight up screened like in NBA games for an easy Bayern goal. Was embarrassing really.

I hope he remembers that before Friday's game, as a motivation.

Home of Barca Fans