7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Stoichkov1

i Used google translate and im gonna send the tweets in the same order you posted them

About to fly from Vigo to Barcelona. Only bad luck can make during the flight the FCB and Liverpool announce the arrival of Coutinho. All summer waiting and ...

If it is confirmed I wait for your tweet informing ..

The last thing that comes is forecasts of presentations next week of the two (Cou and Yerri) so e almostii .... #efatto although not yet 100% #mercato

what does the first tweet even mean?

Neymessi

Would follow this transfer saga but way too busy right now so I raced past the last few pages and got a huge shock.

Is coutinho really paying out of his own pocket? 15 m? Really?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would follow this transfer saga but way too busy right now so I raced past the last few pages and got a huge shock.

No, but they're claiming he's waiving off a 15m signing bonus that will be paid over the duration of his contract.

JamDav1982

Not really but he is giving up on bonuses.

Money which he will make back probably from being at a huge club like Barca. Already word of Nike upping his contract etc.

Trickykid

I haven't seen enough of him to judge properly, so how is he at shielding and protecting the ball under heavy pressure? Is he even somewhat comparable to Iniesta in that department? I know he'll bring the end product that Iniesta rarely does, but I feel ball retention is super important, if we're to cut down on turnovers against us.

Neymessi

I haven't seen enough of him to judge properly, so how is he at shielding and protecting the ball under heavy pressure? Is he even somewhat comparable to Iniesta in that department? I know he'll bring the end product that Iniesta rarely does, but I feel ball retention is super important, if we're to cut down on turnovers against us.

I think he is quite good in that department.

JamDav1982

Dribbling. Yes. Passing and vision definitely no. He couldnt quite co-exist with Messi unless he plays out wide as a LW. The two will clash in the central park.

His passing and vision are top class. Probably provides more cutting edge than Iniesta would but more risk taking at same time.

Can easily co exist with Messi.

JamDav1982

I thought he was voted 4 times in a row the player of the year in Liverpool? ����

He wasnt but he was previous to last season twice in a row and even last season which he missed a bit due to injury had more MOTM performances than anyone else in the league.

Home of Barca Fans