Mateu Alemany

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good job by him and Jordi Cruyff this summer. Even if Xavi had a big say in a few of these transfers like Kounde I doubt he picked out every single transfer we've made. Not a big fan of Alonso and Bellerin at the end, but I guess as super cheap options they're fine.

Every SD at every club will have a couple of misses, even Txiki did and he's had a few of them at City as well.

Two clear priorities for next summer already which is RB and CDM with positions such as LB, Attacking CM and GK depending on how Balde, Gavi/Frenkie and ter Stegen do this season.

khaled_a_d

All things considered, for 115M net with the squad we had, it was great start of rebuild.

Plenty of work needs to be done in next few years to complete rebuild.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is Alemany really a SD like Planes was, though? I thought he was the football director who takes care of the business side of transfers (both in and out) such as handling negotiations, and had little input in exactly what players we want to bring in etc., and such decisions had been largely made by Xavi and even Laporta himself, after Planes’ departure?

khaled_a_d

Is Alemany really a SD like Planes was, though? I thought he was the football director who takes care of the business side of transfers (both in and out) such as handling negotiations, and had little input in exactly what players we want to bring in etc., and such decisions had been largely made by Xavi and even Laporta himself, after Planes’ departure?

He isn't 100% business though.
Usually clubs has negotiators for that, and we had (at least under Bartou) a football director and sport director and both for football. Depends on who has power for what.
Like we had Fernandez + Segura, at some point Segura was more involved in decisions than Fernandez.

Seems like Alemany is the more influential guy, but there is probably an army under him that we don't hear of.
Also, Jordi Crujif assumed SD role

iniestaGOAT

He isn't 100% business though.
Usually clubs has negotiators for that, and we had (at least under Bartou) a football director and sport director and both for football. Depends on who has power for what.
Like we had Fernandez + Segura, at some point Segura was more involved in decisions than Fernandez.

Seems like Alemany is the more influential guy, but there is probably an army under him that we don't hear of.
Also, Jordi Crujif assumed SD role

There is one man army. It's xavi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cruyff and Alemany met with Pini Zahavi again today to discuss the possible signings of Pavard and Carrasco.

Would be two extremely underwhelming signings. Sounds more like Laporta's doing Zahavi a favour by lining up his pockets tbh.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We don't need Pavard or Carrasco. Yeah, it seems like these signings are more about Laporta's notorious nepotism than sporting merit.

jamrock

I'd take carrasco for a small fee, we need some pace on the left, Thuram who I got the biggest hard on for though, covers 2 spots with 1 player.

jamrock

Pavard isn't as bad as people here make out, if his wages are decent, he'll be an okay signing, not the first on the list though, need an attacking RB first.

Horatio

You're welcome
Pavard isn't as bad as people here make out, if his wages are decent, he'll be an okay signing, not the first on the list though, need an attacking RB first.

agreed. He looked a bit slow against PSG but still think he is a viable option for a decent price.

MTL_Barca

Im not really the biggest fan of him but if Xavi wants to continue with a defensive RB then Pavard isn't a bad solution. Pavard/Kounde/Araujo/Christensen for 3 spots is pretty good tbh.

It's more about if it's the right move to double down on that formation and how much money we even have to spend - if Kounde remains the preferred RB option then we spend 30M and probably a high salary on a sub there.

We'll probably have to do something in attack again, and have to take a look at the midfield as well.

Home of Barca Fans