Next Barca President (2021)

Next Barca President (2021)

• Total voters

Givenchy

Laporta for me

Font will probably give Xavi (legend yes but nowhere near ready to manage Barca) the manager role and people will fall for the romance of him returning but it'll be another manager out of his depth and more mediocrity. we need a world class manager and since my first choice won't be coming (Klopp) we should move for Pep and Laporta can make that happen imo. I remember when people would say Barca can manage itself and that has obviously been disproven multiple times in recent years.

we need a total rebuild, get rid of the seniors and to do that we need a proven manager with vision, ruthlessness and the ability to improve players. Liverpool humiliated us with players like Wjnaldum and Origi whilst missing their best player - that really shows how important a manager is

serghei

remember when people would say Barca can manage itself

:lol: Those are idiots who think a season of football is made of only games vs Leganes on Camp Nou and such. Yea, anybody could manage Barcelona to a win vs Leganes but when you meet big teams, poor management shows through always.

The time for a big manager was when we got Valverde I think. Now it's the time for someone who can build something new. Xavi wouldn't be bad imo and deserves a chance.

Of course, there are big managers who also know how to build sides. Like Pep, or Klopp. But getting that sort of manager is very very hard.

Last edited:

Givenchy

:lol: Those are idiots who think a season of football is made of only games vs Leganes on Camp Nou and such. Yea, anybody could manage Barcelona to a win vs Leganes but when you meet big teams, poor management shows through always.

The time for a big manager was when we got Valverde I think. Now it's the time for someone who can build something new. Xavi wouldn't be bad imo and deserves a chance.

Of course, there are big managers who also know how to build sides. Like Pep, or Klopp. But getting that sort of manager is very very hard.

I love Xavi, probably my favourite barca player ever after Ronaldinho (too young to of watched Cruyff) but i think giving him the manager role now would be setting him up for failure.

rebuilding a Barca without Messi is probably on par with United losing Sir Alex and imo if we arent careful we could very well end up like them. Pep is possible, especially with City being potentially CL banned, i think he'd jump at the chance to rebuild here once the seniors are gone.

my dream would be Pep managing and Xavi as assistant manager ready to take over in the future.

FinBarcelonafan

Laporta for me

Font will probably give Xavi (legend yes but nowhere near ready to manage Barca) the manager role and people will fall for the romance of him returning but it'll be another manager out of his depth and more mediocrity. we need a world class manager and since my first choice won't be coming (Klopp) we should move for Pep and Laporta can make that happen imo. I remember when people would say Barca can manage itself and that has obviously been disproven multiple times in recent years.

we need a total rebuild, get rid of the seniors and to do that we need a proven manager with vision, ruthlessness and the ability to improve players. Liverpool humiliated us with players like Wjnaldum and Origi whilst missing their best player - that really shows how important a manager is

You need money for rebuild. Currently we have none. Peps rebuild would take years.

serghei

A good interview with Emili Rousaud, he sounds like a level-headed person. With regard to Messi, he is saying that his wages are not sustainable, instead of renewing him, we should incorporate his name to the naming rights for Camp Nou instead (I am guessing something like Leo Messi XXXXX Stadium).

https://www.palco23.com/clubes/emil...el-fc-barcelona-pero-tambien-a-leo-messi.html

If we didn't name it Cruyff Camp Nou or something, it should stay Camp Nou with nothing else in it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we didn't name it Cruyff Camp Nou or something, it should stay Camp Nou with nothing else in it.

I think his idea is to leverage Messi's name to attract potential sponsors for the naming rights deal, not just naming it for the sake of commemorating and appeasing Messi.

Personally I'd love Camp Nou to stay Camp Nou forever but it is not practical as our finances are bad enough that we need to sell Camp Nou naming rights.

serghei

I think his idea is to leverage Messi's name to attract potential sponsors for the naming rights deal, not just naming it for the sake of commemorating and appeasing Messi.

Personally I'd love Camp Nou to stay Camp Nou forever but it is not practical as our finances are bad enough that we need to sell Camp Nou naming rights.

How is it going to attract sponsors? If anything, you name it something like Coca-Cola (just a brand name) Camp Nou for a contractually agreed period in exchange of a large chunk of money.

Unless we really want to make it a joke and name it something like Leo Messi Coca-Cola Camp Nou. Or Leo Messi Sprite Camp Nou :lol:.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How is it going to attract sponsors? If anything, you name it something like Coca-Cola (just a brand name) Camp Nou for a contractually agreed period in exchange of a large chunk of money.

I suppose it will either be "Coca Cola Leo Messi Stadium" or "Leo Messi Coca Cola Stadium", something like that. Little-known brands and sponsors might benefit from associating their brand name with Messi's name, that is the idea I think.

serghei

I suppose it will either be "Coca Cola Leo Messi Stadium" or "Leo Messi Coca Cola Stadium", something like that. Little-known brands and sponsors might benefit from associating their brand name with Messi's name, that is the idea I think.

:lol: Sounds like shit tbh.

serghei

Does sound quite comical. Sigh, even without Messi's name it is going to sound very odd and hard for many of us to accept, something like "XXXXX Camp Nou".

To get the money necessary for modernizing it, I'd prefer naming it commercially to gain full money. Like Allians Arena is, with Camp Nou still being held the unofficial name among the fans.

Messi's name added on sounds pretty dumb to me.

Andresito

Staff member
I don't think it's a coincidence that he leaves in 2021.
I have no idea but I get the expression that he's a good DoF. Surely a candidate for the spot after 9 years of experience at a well run club like Ajax.

[Oriol Domenech] After 9 years as a sports director of Ajax, Marc Overmars has decided to leave the club in June. It's a personal decision, he thinks he's already finished his cycle with Ajax. But he has no agreement with anyone.

Home of Barca Fans