Nil Ruiz

khaled_a_d

Well, Xavi still believes MATS is the best GK in the world so what we can do?

I mean sure, but can we at least upgrade his back up rather than do a serious downgrade?
Pena is back up GK in Galatasray, who were a midtable team in Turkish league. Didn't get a minute after Muslera came back from injury.

Edit: just noticed that Alex Ruiz was signed from FC Damm too, let's hope that Nil has better luck. Are they related?

Last edited:

Porque

Thanks, was waiting for somebody to do gods service and edit up the highlights from the Damn videos.

Well, he looks OK. One of those Ustari or Rulli level goalkeepers, which is a decent level as long as he doesn't have their mistakes.

A year or 2 in the B team will iron out his all round game.

The Spain u17 and u16 goalkeepers are both at Barcelona too. So while none seem to be cracks, we are developing another batch of interesting goalkeepers.

Messi983

I mean sure, but can we at least upgrade his back up rather than do a serious downgrade?
Pena is back up GK in Galatasray, who were a midtable team in Turkish league. Didn't get a minute after Muslera came back from injury.

Edit: just noticed that Alex Ruiz was signed from FC Damm too, let's hope that Nil has better luck. Are they related?

Alex Ruiz Delgado

Nil Ruiz Pascual

They have different second (mother's) surname so I think it's pretty safe to say they're not brothers. Maybe cousins or something but OTOH I guess Ruiz is a pretty common surname in Spain.

Would Pena really be that big downgrade from Neto? At least if we also consider their wages which I'm sure we're also doing.

But as said in another thread yesterday after Granada got relegated I think we should at least consider Luis Maximiano. Or even Stole Dimitrievski who we were apparently already close to sign in January but then Neto refused to leave. Has a 6m clause and at his age is probably also more likely to accept a backup role than a younger Maximiano.

Porque

But as said in another thread yesterday after Granada got relegated I think we should at least consider Luis Maximiano. Or even Stole Dimitrievski who we were apparently already close to sign in January but then Neto refused to leave. Has a 6m clause and at his age is probably also more likely to accept a backup role than a younger Maximiano.

Who is better?

khaled_a_d

Would Pena really be that big downgrade from Neto? At least if we also consider their wages which I'm sure we're also doing.

I actually consider Pena a downgrade from Neto, football wise. Sure salary is lower though.
But yeah, player like Stole or Maxi should be easy to get and would actually provide a real competition for Stegen, despite Xavi obsession with the German

Porque

How is everybody rating Arnau Tenas? I always preferred him to Pena, but a little more mistake prone.

Andresito

Staff member
How is everybody rating Arnau Tenas? I always preferred him to Pena, but a little more mistake prone.

21 years old already, could've sworn he's 18 by the way he plays. Was always considered the bigger talent out of the two, but I think he needs a lot more experience if he is to become a reliable Liga GK.

Home of Barca Fans