What'll happen to Ilaix? Is it a good move by Barca?

What'll happen to Ilaix? Is it a good move by Barca?

• Total voters

Andresito

Staff member
So Team Laporta has issued an ultimatum to Ilaix: Renew or not even play with Juvenil A.

First, do you think he'll stay or leave. And second, do you think that move will be wrong or right for Barca, i.e what is Ilaix's potential?
Bear in mind this isn't what you hope for but what you think will happen.

Leave (Bad) - Ilaix is leaving and Barca are making a mistake letting him go.
Leave (Good) - Ilaix is leaving and he won't ever reach Barca potential anyway.
Stay (Good) - Ilaix is staying and will be an important player for us.
Stay (Bad) - Ilaix is staying but will eventually be sold due to his performances/attitude.

Not the most intriguing poll maybe, but it'll be interesting to see in hindsight how Barcaforum valued Ilaix.

Bobo32

Maybe he'll stay, it's hard to say, but Barcelonas objective with regards to Ilaix should be to just get as much money out of him as possible, he won't reach true Barca potential, but might fool some club into spending some money on him. If he leaves for free it's not so good for Barcelona, but not a disaster either.

soul24rage

I think he'll stay with his contract renewed under Laporta's terms but with bonuses included that relates to performance.

But whether he stays or goes, I trust in Laporta that he'll make the right decision.

malvolio

So Team Laporta has issued an ultimatum to Ilaix: Renew or not even play with Juvenil A.

First, do you think he'll stay or leave. And second, do you think that move will be wrong or right for Barca, i.e what is Ilaix's potential?
Bear in mind this isn't what you hope for but what you think will happen.

Leave (Bad) - Ilaix is leaving and Barca are making a mistake letting him go.
Leave (Good) - Ilaix is leaving and he won't ever reach Barca potential anyway.
Stay (Good) - Ilaix is staying and will be an important player for us.
Stay (Bad) - Ilaix is staying but will eventually be sold due to his performances/attitude.

Not the most intriguing poll maybe, but it'll be interesting to see in hindsight how Barcaforum valued Ilaix.

Bar?a offered an extension and spot in senior squad, no? Don't know what's the issue here.

If he wants more money then good riddance.

Givenchy

Get rid. We are in this mess in the first place because we keep paying retarded wages putting our finances at risk, lets clean up the squad and STOP doing that.

This guy will end up at some midtable club in the future

serghei

I went with the optimistic one. He's going to get to his senses after his bluff is called off by Laporta (really kid, hell of a bad time you've picked to be making this power move). He'll renew and probably have a future here.

ronniecro

needs to leave,he and his entourage showed real face and what they're all about. can't expect full comitment and performances from somebody who is all about money

PhilS

Towards the end of last season, this young guy w, as one of the worst players I have seen play for the Barca first team. Loan or sell him. He clearly has potential, but as of now he is in way over his head. After a year or two on loan, maybe he could be useful here.

Catta

I would like if we keep him, in a couple of years he could bring the club much more money from his transfer. That is the only reason why I would keep him, he looks like one of those overhyped players that costs more than he is worth.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He need to change his agency and choose a reputable one that will help him get a good deal and not piss off his club and career away.

Barca should give them a deadline until the end of July and tell them to take the offer or find a new club for him.

BBZ8800

Maybe he'll stay, it's hard to say, but Barcelonas objective with regards to Ilaix should be to just get as much money out of him as possible, he won't reach true Barca potential, but might fool some club into spending some money on him. If he leaves for free it's not so good for Barcelona, but not a disaster either.

What would you say if Puig would have been in the same situation?

Keep at all costs?

Bobo32

What would you say if Puig would have been in the same situation?

Keep at all costs?

Don't understand your point. I rate Puig very highly and think they should keep him at all costs, yes.
I don't think he is as easy to get a lot of money out of as Ilaix (he is older for one thing)
And I don't think there was any problem with his renewal, he seems PRETTY determined to succeed at FC Barcelona, it looks like.

Home of Barca Fans