Luis Figo

iniestaGOAT

I JUST watched the documentary. Figo is just a liar and trying to muddy the waters. Also seeking some sort of redemption of sorts.
Gaspart came across as a weak, stingy,pathetic fool.Figo as a sly, piece of shit giving lame excuses for the move. The person who came out 9f the documentary looking good was Perez. A ruthless, cold and calculating person who just knows how to get the job done. Could easily have been an assassin.
The man is a G though. Ruthless and accepts nothing but victory. That's the Real Madrid way though. Winning is everything.

Both gaspart and Madrid president who won the ucl looked clueless had no idea what's coming

BADGERBHOY

Don't even care for the reason of his decision. Will forever be a traitor and a piece of shit. No reason to watch it as a Barca fan, the less I see his face the better.

I was 23 when he left and still remember it very well. It even made the front page of a Scottish newspaper. Won't be watching it either as I can't stand the rat. In any case Rivaldo was better.

Barcilliant

The doco really highlighted the strong contrasts in mentality if both clubs. Roberto Carlos clearly said that the CL is always Real Madrid's priority. Contrast that with Barca mentality of " it takes luck to win Cl". Real Madrid expect to win the cl, no matter what. Last season was a perfect example of that.

Birdy

Just watched to Netflix documentary!
Remarks:

1) Perez was too clever for his colleagues at the time. Had a plan from the start, knew how to execute it and how to talk the main actors in his play.

2) You always need a Bartomeu-level imbecile at Barca board whenever such colossal fuckups take place. That man was Gaspar, totally incapable of even putting 1+1 together, let alone anticipating a rival's move.
Not oddly at all, Barto's Neymar fiasco was strikingly identical to Gaspar's Figo fiasco in everything: from the way they didn't see danger to begin with, to the way they mishandled the enormous amount of money (in both cases) handed by the buyout to rebuild/strengthen a squad...

3) Figo is the 1000....00th footballer in history who conflates on purpose the "I wanna feel valued" demand with the amount of $$ his pocket is filled with.
Mercenary was 100% the right word to describe him!
Folded like a cheap suit in front of Florentino, and the agent-parasites of the operation, in that Lisbon meeting

The documentary shows nicely that he didn't want it to happen like that, but all the reservations were more because he was confortable with his life in Barcelona and he feared fans and press reaction. Nothing to do with 'mes que un club' ideology or worldview he supposedly upheld...

4) The other thing that the documentary portrays nicely was the rising power of the parasites in football, and how laughable it is to think that they "do what is the best for their clients" :lol:
The whole transfer kickstarted because a piece of shit mr. Nobody - notorious for his illegitimate manipulations in signings pre-agreements to force transfer situations - saw an opportunity to pocket some good money,
and a second mr Nobody, retired ex-footballer, followed suit with similar aspirations.
Questionable if Florentino could have pulled this out if he hadn't - wisely - started his plan with the parasites

Last edited:

serghei

Good comment all the way. Florentino played an incompetent president in Gaspart against a person of very low integrity such as Figo. Was easy in the end for him.

In this case though, the agents had very much the same aspirations as the player. So they did actually represented Figo well. A group of greedy, morally super flexible people.

Last edited:

Porque

Haven't watched as I don't think it would bring anything new to the table as a Barcelona fan.

Figo was always a pesetero though. He signed two contracts when we signed him. One for us, the other for Inter Milan.

From there you can see there would be problems from the start. Bit like NeyDaddy.

fergus90

Haven't watched as I don't think it would bring anything new to the table as a Barcelona fan.

Figo was always a pesetero though. He signed two contracts when we signed him. One for us, the other for Inter Milan.

From there you can see there would be problems from the start. Bit like NeyDaddy.

He signed for both Parma and Juventus before signing for Barca and then was banned from Italian football for 2 years.

Subsequently went to Barca but they had to loan him back for the remainder of the season as Portuguese players where bound to a rule where they could only move abroad during a certain time frame per year.

Porque

He signed for both Parma and Juventus before signing for Barca and then was banned from Italian football for 2 years.

Subsequently went to Barca but they had to loan him back for the remainder of the season as Portuguese players where bound to a rule where they could only move abroad during a certain time frame per year.

That's it.

Lot's of mismanagement during the end of the Nunez era and of course Gaspart. Selling Ronaldo, cancelling Zidane, buy out of Figo. We always seem to find a way to spontaneously combust.

Windhook

Putting aside the fact the film is about our "beloved" Figo, it's a good documentary and it was nice watching all those remastered shots from the 90's and 2000.

Figo's attempt at some sort of redemption, shifting the blame on Paulo Futre and his agent. Mainly due to the brilliant 30m penalty clause Florentino put in the contract with his agent, which Figo didn't sign himself.

All in all it proves one more time how stupid footballers were and are to this day. I don't feel sorry for Figo, he betrayed millions of Cules citing being undervalued at the club. Don't know if he was genuinely sad or acting during the official presentation in Madrid, but regardless of it that documentary was admission by all who took part in the film that they were fucked in the ass by Florentino Perez. Mostly Gaspart, what an idiot, what a dull bureaucrat.

Home of Barca Fans