CL Round 4: FC Barcelona - Inter 3-3

mesiesta

Great how? This is great if you hate Barca or love Inter because Inter played it right tactically .. but as a neutral fan I dont think there is anything to enjoy from Barca sides except Lewa .. Xavi was horrible at controlling the game .. Dembele is stupid .. and our youngsters were toothless

It was a game where both teams created a lot of chances. 6 goals, tons of saves, drama.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, if Inter beats Pizen and they should, when we play against Bayern I hope we will play for pride, if not for anything else. Play our heart out and give our fans a good game.

Nazario1985

It was a game where both teams created a lot of chances. 6 goals, tons of saves, drama.

They had 3 times more clear chances than us.

Even after the 3-3 they could have added 1 or two easy goals.

It's crazy how inter are extremely bad to put goals.

Last edited:

FC B

It seems those in charge will remain forever trapped in the old past romantic Barca football glory days, sadly, they are clueless.

Masetro10

We need to forget possession tactics being the basis of our games. Teams know this. Put everyone behind the ball and counter all game. It's ok against Mallorca who have awful forwards who will mess up counters over and over. These bigger teams cannot be attacked this way. As we see today defense has to be first priority. Then a creative midfield. Right now we have only Pedri capable of making things happen. Gavi is a runner and a presser and you need those types of players but we need another creative player. City have KDB and Bernardo Silva. We have 1. Then we need forwards who all 3 are trying to score. Currently the wingers try to feed Lewa all game. We need to be dangerous from everywhere.

Asylum15

Sup boys,
Been watching us religiously as always but not as active on here.

Tonight's game highlighted the following for me:
1. We have zero creativity if it isn't magic from the wings or lumping crosses in. (Pedri, Gavi, Busquets offers zero except safe passes and the occassional OMG Pedri solo run)
2. Pique is absolutely awful but no surprise there but for me even more concern is Eric Garcia. I have never and will never rate him. He's a ''always a mistake in him'' CB and will never be good enough here. He completely lost the flight of the ball to Martinez then dived in like a schoolboy. His distribution is strong and he was good in moments but we aren't going anywhere fast with him in the first XI.
3. Xavi's team selection lately has started turning me against him. Alonso LB, Busquets CDM, Pique CB, Insisting with Gavi although he offers nothing but hot headed energy.
4. On the topic of Gavi, he needs to offer more in offence or we're going to be looking at another Riqui Puig. He was outmuscled, outrun and outthought all night tonight by their midfield/fullbacks. He's taking up a critical spot in our midfield and offering us zero in attack. If I'm right, he has one goal and no assists this season.
5. Our defence is a shambles without Kounde/Araujo and will eventually cost us any major titles.
6. Lewandowski needs service constantly or will disappear in games; we cannot expect magic solo runs from him like Mallorca every game.
7. I'm genuinely concerned with how stubborn Xavi is tactically going forward.
8. I don't intend on watching us in the Europa League, only for us to get dumped out of that too.
9. Why the fuck is Sergio Busquets still at this club?
10. Why the fuck is Sergio Busquets still in the first XI?
11. Fuck Sergio Busquets.
12. Ansu Fati is FINISHED.
13. We made a very average Inter team look decent over two games.
14. We are going to lose the Clasico.

Last edited:

jamrock

Just seeing the goals, amateur defending from our two CB, i don't even know which goal was worst.

Freaking joke level defending & lapse of concentration.

serghei

Sup boys,
Been watching us religiously as always but not as active on here.

Tonight's game highlighted the following for me:
1. We have zero creativity if it isn't magic from the wings or lumping crosses in. (Pedri, Gavi, Busquets offers zero except safe passes and the occassional OMG Pedri solo run)
2. Pique is absolutely awful but no surprise there but for me even more concern is Eric Garica. I have never and will never rate him. He's a ''always a mistake in him'' CB and will never be good enough here. He completely lost the flight of the ball to Martinez then dived in like a schoolboy. His distribution is strong and he was good in moments but we aren't going anywhere fast with him in the first XI.
3. Xavi's team selection lately has started turning me against him. Alonso LB, Busquets CDM, Pique CB, Insisting with Gavi although he offers nothing but hot headed energy.
4. On the topic of Gavi, he needs to offer more in offence or we're going to be looking at another Riqui Puig. He was outmuscled, outrun and outthought all night tonight by their midfield/fullbacks. He's taking up a critical spot in our midfield and offering us zero in attack. If I'm right, he has one goal and no assists this season.
5. Our defence is a shambles without Kounde/Araujo and will eventually cost us any major titles.
6. Lewandowski needs service constantly or will disappear in games; we cannot expect magic solo runs from him like Mallorca every game.
7. I'm genuinely concerned with how stubborn Xavi is tactically going forward.
8. I don't intend on watching us in the Europa League, only for us to get dumped out of that too.
9. Why the fuck is Sergio Busquets still at this club?
10. Why the fuck is Sergio Busquets still in the first XI?
11. Fuck Sergio Busquets.
12. Ansu Fati is FINISHED.
13. We made a very average Inter team look decent over two games.
14. We are going to lose the Clasico.

Agree with most of thsese.

Barcilliant

The possession game is dead . We cannot wait for another golden generation to pop up and play Barca DNA style. We will all die of old age before this happens. This is the problem with excessive idealism. Look at the documentary take the ball, pass the ball. In that documentary all these fools were saying that the results aren't important,the style 9f play is the thing that matters. We'll look at us now. We're Arsenal and Utd level now.

serghei

Truly dead. That's why City turned PL into Bundesliga. Possession game is hard to do, not dead.

Besides, our possession game is mediocre under Xavi, probably his biggest ground for criticism given that he should be great at positional attacks looking at his player career. Team is better on the counters.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans