CL | Quarter Final - 2nd leg: FC Barcelona - Juventus 0-0 (0-3 agg.)

Total-Football

I had a 3% percentgage hope of making it, no sooner had the ref not whistled the first clear freekick i knew that he was told to "monitor" the conspiracy theories regarding spanish teams, to our detriment. and consequently i knew out chances were 0%.

One player had his face almost broken and his teammate gets booked. Try to process that.

I thought we played well, controlled the game and put them at their place for the larger part of the game, of course sometimes you need a goal to break the spelll and it wasn't to be, not because of this retarded myth of legendary italian defense but simply because football works like that. Messi in any other day would have buried those chances in the blink of eye.

Neymar does great damage to the opponent despite his finishing problems, but enough problems for the rest of the teammates to step out of the shadows and make use of his distraction of opponents. But again it's like messi when we had Isaac Cueaca, except that Neymar can never be THAT Messi.

It's extreamly unhealthy to switch from 4-3-3 to 3-5-2 .. It's not tactical flexibility, it's just tactical disability and self-doubt. When you master an art of playing, your opponent knows every little detail yet he can do little about it. That's a feature all great teams had, they were predictable yet they won.

I don't believe in individual requirement but in collective state of mind, today we were beaten by fatass higuin, and a bunch of players that would look clueless and second league tier had they played for us,;therefore, the talks about transfers is overrated.

Neymar is te only reason some opponents allow us some meters of depth because they don't want to risk letting him 1vs1. In the classico, with the abscence of the Neymar Factor, Real Madrid are not going to drop those meters and i expect a bad show especially in midfield.

Suarez and Messi are not playing great at the moment , especially Suarez who is not doing enough.

The imcompetent coach does not prepare the team psychologically otherwise how would one explain our courage in the camp Nou.

Having said all of that, credit to the team because they are playing without a coach an today they played against a 12th player which is the ref.

Last edited:

Raketa10

I am not saying that 343 is the answer.
But in this moment for our team, 343 is better than a horrible 433.

About our future, I am opened for anything: 442, 4222, 4231.
We will (imo) need something different.
This version of 433 is not working either in La liga nor in a CL anymore.
Remember that in 2016 we blew 10+ points advantage in spring and won a title luckily in the end.
433 managed to be 15 points behind Real in La liga over the last 12 Months, and in a CL we played extremely hot and cold, getting knocked out by AM and Juve with 0 goals scored in 300+ minutes in 11 vs 11.
Imagine having MSN and scoring 0 goals in 11 vs 11 in those 4 matches.
That's not easy.

1. we struggled even with Alves
2. we don't have a RB
3. LB Alba is like having a man down in attack
4. Busi is almost done
5. Iniesta is done
6. Rakitic is not our level
7. Messi is not on his prime anymore, plus he is drifting into middle all the time
8. Neymar can't score
9. opponents learned how to neutralize 433

Just way too many problems for a 433 to work.
So, for me personally, let's try 4-5 different formations during the summer.
433 didn't win 3 matches in a row in the last 12 Months, roughly. We slipped over and over once in 2 or 3 matches no matter against whom we played.

The problem which led to that is inadequate manager and horrible transfer policy. We need to fix that in summer because there is no formation that can help us right now.

I love Messi above all players and he is GOAT without a doubt, but even he needs to have a defined position. Right now he is playing everything. This can't be good.

We also have players for who we don't even know what their position is (Denis, Arda, Rafinha, Gomes). We have CM player (Sergi) playing RB and his injured substitute (Vidal) who is RW. We are in a disastrous mess!!! DISASTROUS!

Windhook

Dude, this is exactly what we don't want.

Pep left FIVE years ago. Get over it. We have to look to the future.

It's time to rebuild.

Exactly, I don't want Pep either. All I'm saying is things could have been different during those 5 years if he stayed. Anyway any future return of Guardiola to Barca will not produce anything good, I think we all agree on that.

Obviously the 4-3-3 formation is not working anymore with Iniesta aged 33. Busquets is nowhere near done, sorry guys, tonight Busi just proved he is irreplaceable. He was suspended in the first leg, which lead to Masche being played as DM, a role in which he performed poorly.

BBZ8800

Except that real Madrid couldn't neutralize 4-3-3 whenever 22 players were on the pitch. it was a shower of attacks by bayern

Bayern has players with a physical strength.
Real plays 433, but they can score with headers whenever 433 fails.

We, will just buy new random 100 guys with a physique of Denis and Paco and continue with 433 with short players, with a no plan B, which worked in 2009.

Other teams either have evolved 433 with physical skills, or 433 with physical players and a plan B (Real).
Only we aren't evolving.
we are stuck in the past and trying to replicate the same system/formation/type of players/everything which worked xxx years ago.

We are quite slow in evolving (as a club) and in realizing that something is past it's prime or not working well enough anymore.

gasgas

We, will just buy new random 100 guys with a physique of Denis and Paco and continue with 433 with short players, with a no plan B, which worked in 2009.

Other teams either have evolved 433 with physical skills, or 433 with physical players and a plan B (Real).
Only we aren't evolving.
we are stuck in the past and trying to replicate the same system/formation/type of players/everything which worked xxx years ago.

We are quite slow in evolving (as a club) and in realizing that something is past it's prime or not working well enough anymore.

Real score headers in the first half too

Not a plan B, it's embedded in their plan A

We were pretty mediocre throughout the tie. We at least tried this time around but we still weren't good enough. Despite that, we may have gone through or at least taken it to extra time had we been more clinical in and around the box.

RM's going to destroy them.

Last edited:

ejuventus

honour to Barça fans at the Stadium

I don't remember, in 35 years that I've been following football, such athmosphere at the end of a match when the home team is having a crucial defeat for the season

true respect

Last edited:

ejuventus

Only we aren't evolving.

it's the situation that we have at Juve in late 90's
We weren't good at that time, and we didn't rebuild well.........while we didn't realize that Del Piero was not more sufficient, specially after the injury, and we had been losing quality in all the team

Management must well realize the situation, otherwise seasons over seasons fly away

gasgas

Except that real Madrid couldn't neutralize 4-3-3 whenever 22 players were on the pitch. it was a shower of attacks by bayern

How was it a shower of attacks by Bayern with them having only two shots on target one the penalty, while Madrid forced Neur to make countless saves before the red card in both legs?

BarcaOG

Banned
i thought the ref was generally shit until like the 75th minute...we should have been given a greater number of fouls. not that the refereeing was decisive. but we needed everything to get a positive result tonight

Devils

It was such a predictable match.

Classic Italian defending. It wasn't hard to acknowledge that a team with so much experience and quality in defence would nullify a one-dimensional Barca team who rely solely on their three attackers.

Allegri must be laughing all the way to Turin because of how easy tonight's job was. Like clockwork for the Italians.

You should of just let PSG win. They probably could of beaten Juventus.

Barca needs to lose, so the higher ups can make the correct changes within the team.

JerseyAddict

Slept over... This was behind the door whole season. We had it coming.

No real bench. Shity form on key players, no tactics.

Messi bailing us out
Neymar playing hot n cold. Raising up lately but no finish. Suarez sinking down in form.

I do care for La Liga and I hope Barça wins it... But whit RM bench, momentum, refs and luck I van't see it coming.

What I fear is Barça gets noclessons from it. No real signings, no real coach, no real change.

And Bojan is right, PSG game will stay in our memory. Some wins are to good to be forgoten.

Home of Barca Fans