Jeremy Mathieu

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He surprised me with his speed in defending though. He caught up to all the forwards.

He's not slow but you could tell that he was absolutely exhausted towards the end of the first half. He might've recovered decently at times but for many attacks he lagged behind a bit and only just managed to get back.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Day 433 of the Mathieu Adventure Experience.

Tuesday the 29th of September in the year of our Lord, 2015. Outskirts of Barcelona, independent territory of Catalunya.

Dear Diary:

Today was a most horrific day. Perhaps the worst day I have ever encountered on this adventurous safari I denominate simply, "My Experience." Our day began in low spirits, owing to the fact we lost our most glorious and mythical leader to that nefarious and treacherous disease called Fever of the Left Knee. General Lionelihya Messi will be bed ridden and out of commission for up to eight weeks, I don't need to tell you, dearest diary, how depressed and unhappy we are at this most unluckiest of events.

The day then took a turn for the worst, particularly for me, when we met on the magnificent green prairies of the New Camp, those dirty, unwashed and bloodthirsty German barbarians that hail from Bayertis of Leverkusenis. Oh diary, what a miserable day they have wrought upon us on this most dreadful day. A particularly fearsome element of their clan, a Greek mercenary by the name of Papadopoupoupoupoulos of inhuman size and supernatural strength, took particular delight in pushing me aside as if he was tossing a used rag of cleaning cloth to punish our young MAtSfault. The poor lad has received grievous and unjust criticism from our party for my constant mistakes, but I cannot bring myself about to admit it is I who is failing.

I leave you now, dear diary, I must go drown my sorrows on wine and cigarette smoke. I must wash this depression away.

May the Adventure Experience bring brighter and better days tomorrow.

PS: That rascal Albasius has stolen the remaining cartons of cigarettes I had hidden under my mattress. I would confront him, but he has a most vicious temper and I fear he might sink his squirrely teeth in my soft pasty skin.

Alik

Worst player on the pitch. And you could see he knew it.

Then again, it's Lucho's fault for playing him LB.

vinni

We saw once again that Mathieu is no LB which is really surprising because he was playing the position for many years and was brought in to fill in two positions. Will not blame him for any performance he will have there in the future because it is not his thing. We have to deal with that. Bad thing is that Lucho does not really have better options when Alba is out.

Yeah been a bit suprised about this too. When looking at his history he played tons of matches for Valencia and if im not mistaken he played LB in most of them. I can't believe he would get that much game time back then if he was flat out poor.

I figure he have some balance problems with when to defend and attack, but i dont know.

He does seem to be a one trick pony when he do attack. Its usally full speed on the overlap with a hard cross. (That's not necessarily a bad thing. Plenty of them been dangerous and a few ended with a goal.)
In defence i think he is decent if he is where he supposed to be.. Sadly it seems to become a mess for him in transistions and both his attack and defensive responsibilites goes to hell.

Barcafan 2304

Tuesday the 29th of September in the year of our Lord, 2015. Outskirts of Barcelona, independent territory of Catalunya.

Dear Diary:

Today was a most horrific day. Perhaps the worst day I have ever encountered on this adventurous safari I denominate simply, "My Experience." Our day began in low spirits, owing to the fact we lost our most glorious and mythical leader to that nefarious and treacherous disease called Fever of the Left Knee. General Lionelihya Messi will be bed ridden and out of commission for up to eight weeks, I don't need to tell you, dearest diary, how depressed and unhappy we are at this most unluckiest of events.

The day then took a turn for the worst, particularly for me, when we met on the magnificent green prairies of the New Camp, those dirty, unwashed and bloodthirsty German barbarians that hail from Bayertis of Leverkusenis. Oh diary, what a miserable day they have wrought upon us on this most dreadful day. A particularly fearsome element of their clan, a Greek mercenary by the name of Papadopoupoupoupoulos of inhuman size and supernatural strength, took particular delight in pushing me aside as if he was tossing a used rag of cleaning cloth to punish our young MAtSfault. The poor lad has received grievous and unjust criticism from our party for my constant mistakes, but I cannot bring myself about to admit it is I who is failing.

I leave you now, dear diary, I must go drown my sorrows on wine and cigarette smoke. I must wash this depression away.

PS: That rascal Albasius has stolen the remaining cartons of cigarettes I had hidden under my mattress. I would confront him, but he has a most vicious temper and I fear he might sink his squirrely teeth in my soft pasty skin.

Lol best post for quite a long time

hardyboy

Dear Diary:

:lol:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
We saw once again that Mathieu is no LB which is really surprising because he was playing the position for many years and was brought in to fill in two positions. Will not blame him for any performance he will have there in the future because it is not his thing. We have to deal with that. Bad thing is that Lucho does not really have better options when Alba is out.

It wasn't surprising at all. Watching machines like Dani Alves has made people criminally underestimate the sheer stamina that is required to run up and down the flanks for 90 mins on end. Young Matheiu had the stamina to do this and he was a very good LB. Mathieu right now is not 26 years old and he has adapted his game accordingly at CB so its really stupid to compare his younger LB self with his current self

Barcafan 2304

I feel for him to a degree. He is a solid enough if unspectacular centre half and he has had to cope in a position at lb that is not suited for him. Suffering due to our injuries

Home of Barca Fans