Tennis

Pepe Silvia

Tennis is my favourite sport.
The era right now is simply too weak. The only competition Djokovic has is a pathetic mental midget who folds in front of him in almost every single final (has won 2 and lost 8 against him. What an amazing rival and number #2) and a 34 year old who has lost half a step, isn't as fit (incapable of winning a 5 set match against a fitness freak like Djokovic who's 6 years his junior), lost the amazing penetration and accuracy of his legendary forehand from 2004-2007 because of his racquet change and had to reinvent his entire game (he was only able to do so because he is a genius). Joke.
Youngsters should have shown up by now but like Federer said :' I don't even know if they're actually even trying'.
Hopefully Kyrgios stops being a mess in and out of the court and steps up. he's amazingly talented, shame his head isn't entirely there. I'm really tired of Murray's and Djokovic's boring playing styles, we need aggressive tennis back not ball retrievers who stay 5 feet behind the baseline.
I agree with pretty much everything you say but Djokovic boring? I don't know. He is a mental genius, someone who likes going down in the first set only to play cat and mouse with his opponent. How hard is that?

This era is weak though. I think Murray is wack and Federer, god bless him is just not the same. Needs to be more aggression and speed in the game.

Vilarrubi

Tennis is my favourite sport.
The era right now is simply too weak. The only competition Djokovic has is a pathetic mental midget who folds in front of him in almost every single final (has won 2 and lost 8 against him. What an amazing rival and number #2) and a 34 year old who has lost half a step, isn't as fit (incapable of winning a 5 set match against a fitness freak like Djokovic who's 6 years his junior), lost the amazing penetration and accuracy of his legendary forehand from 2004-2007 because of his racquet change and had to reinvent his entire game (he was only able to do so because he is a genius). Joke.
Youngsters should have shown up by now but like Federer said :' I don't even know if they're actually even trying'.
Hopefully Kyrgios stops being a mess in and out of the court and steps up. he's amazingly talented, shame his head isn't entirely there. I'm really tired of Murray's and Djokovic's boring playing styles, we need aggressive tennis back not ball retrievers who stay 5 feet behind the baseline.

As good as Djokovic is I agree with this, he has had hardly any competition while winning his grand slams. Something that must be noted is on head to head Nadal vs Djokovic... Djokovic won only 3 out of his first 18 against him, while Nadal was in his prime of course.

Caramel

I agree with pretty much everything you say but Djokovic boring? I don't know. He is a mental genius, someone who likes going down in the first set only to play cat and mouse with his opponent. How hard is that?

I didn't say what he's doing was easy. But it's boring. If Murray is a mega boring pusher, Djokovic is only sliiightly more entertaining than that because he has a tiiny bit more aggression, which isn't saying much because Murray is the epitome of defensive player. Djokovic is a grinder. He will keep the ball in play, send it deep and have you commit UE's because you'll never be as consistent as he is. He'll grind you out because at the end you'll be more tired than he is. That's not entertaining at all? I want to see winners, brains, shotmaking, aggression.
Federer at his prime was such a joy to watch, Kyrgios is much more entertaining too, Kei with his super clean shots (Serve 404 not found though). Djokovic wins, but wins ugly (Huge factor, besides the fact he has no actual rival) which is why he's not popular and will never be as popular as Federer and Nadal. You just have to see Center Court's reaction during Murray-Millman match, when it was announced Djokovic had lost his match in 3rd round of Wimbledon yesterday... The roar and cheer. Never would have happened had it been Federer or nadal losing their matches.

I find Wimbledon way more enjoyable now that he's gone. I'm a Federer fan but i don't mind if any of the players left in the draw win it (Except Raonic, that servebot has no business winning a Grand Slam). The draw is so open, it'll be an exciting second week now.

Last edited:

Pablo Escobar

Wimbledon looks like a friendly tournament without the serb, the only question is if anybody can stop Murray now especially but even so, he's a 2 time Grand Slam winner, so meh whoever wins, I bet everybody is wondering if Federer can take it to a third consecutive final loss.

Am waiting for Rio Olympics and US Open, next year French Open will be a blast if Djokovic becomes the first player after Laver to take at least 2 of each Grand Slam + the first with all of them in the Open Era.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
tumblr_mp22ipDvby1sxufvbo1_500.jpg

diDi7

So Angie Kerber is through to her first ever Wimbledon final.

Hopefully she can beat Serena again the same way she shocked her at the Australian Open earlier this year. I have my doubts though. Serena will want revenge. Completely blew away her semi final opponent.

Home of Barca Fans