Tennis

BarcaGirl

....and suddenly the crowd is behind Rafa. Fickle, fickle. If you supported him you'd never have thought of booing him.

S7_MUFC

Really disappointed for Nadal....I really want him to break Federer's record of total grand slam wins....Still without injuries there good chance of winning 2 grand slams this season.....

zanela

Nadal winning was never a foregone conclusion. Anybody who's watched Stan in the tournament will know he deserves to be in the final, and will deserve the trophy if he crosses the finishing line, which looks only a formality now.
I just tuned in and I see Rafa look like a flattened tire, injury or no injury, I hope he completes the match in a dignified fashion. I just read that Stan killed him in the first set, and was up by a break in the sec set, before Rafa got injured. So no excuses. His style of play makes him injury-prone, and so has been the case throughout his career, but his haters will no doubt dismiss any such possibility and say he is faking it. Stan is a worthy Champion, and I'd rather him than anyone else against Nadal.

Congratulations, Stan. :)

He's helped his compatriot secure his 17. I don't think Rafa will win any GS from now on. But I'm content with whatever he's achieved so far. :)

Kudos to those Nadal fans, who continue to watch this match.

Home of Barca Fans