Basketball/NBA

Richard.H

sooooooooo.....

who are the Lakers going to get for the team and who are they going to transfer out ?

Lots of talk here about Lebron persuading CP3 and Derick Rose to join, but not sure how that would work out with Rondo here. The pieces we can move are Kuzma, Green, and maybe McGee too. Others have definitely proved their worth and don't think the GM will want to trade them. Seems like we're focusing more on getting players that can create their own shot/don't have to rely on James and AD

CatalinR10

Lots of talk here about Lebron persuading CP3 and Derick Rose to join, but not sure how that would work out with Rondo here. The pieces we can move are Kuzma, Green, and maybe McGee too. Others have definitely proved their worth and don't think the GM will want to trade them. Seems like we're focusing more on getting players that can create their own shot/don't have to rely on James and AD

Can Lakers get Giannis ?

El Gato

Villarato!
76ers get Morey. Maybe finally there will be some order to the business in that city, even if Rivers is as overrated of a coach as he seems

Richard.H

Lakers traded Danny Green for Dennis Schroeder, KCP opted out of his contract, and we are still pursuing a star to have a big 3 in LA (Either Derozan, Harden, or Chris Paul). Not really liking this news, but we'll soon find out what happens. Season starts on December 22nd.

Richard.H

he any good ?

better than danny green ?

More of an offensive minded player: can drive in and also score from the outside. Not as good defensively as DG though. Seems like Lakers are focusing more on offense this offseason. IMO defense wins championships, but I'm assuming they're worried about Warriors who no Laker defender can stop when they're on fire and healthy.

El Gato

Villarato!
How are Lakers supposed to add another superstar now? There's no cap space. Schroder for Green is like for like in money terms.

40 for LeBron
28 for AD (who's onto his new max)
15.5 for Schroder
10 for Bradley+McGee
+ others who take the total firmly above 100

and KCP who's just holding out for more money, ~19 which is the top limit I'm reading. Getting DeRozan in S&T, who's on 27 and won't take a significant paycut, is just daft.

I don't see how it points to anything but the opposite really - gunning for 2021 to make Giannis come play next to LeBron, AD and Schroder as LBJ takes a paycut on his player option or leaves entirely.

Richard.H

How are Lakers supposed to add another superstar now? There's no cap space. Schroder for Green is like for like in money terms.

40 for LeBron
28 for AD (who's onto his new max)
15.5 for Schroder
10 for Bradley+McGee
+ others who take the total firmly above 100

and KCP who's just holding out for more money, ~19 which is the top limit I'm reading. Getting DeRozan in S&T, who's on 27 and won't take a significant paycut, is just daft.

I don't see how it points to anything but the opposite really - gunning for 2021 to make Giannis come play next to LeBron, AD and Schroder as LBJ takes a paycut on his player option or leaves entirely.

IDK, but every LA sports news I've watched is talking about DeRozan, Harden, or CP3. I highly doubt Giannis will come since both Celtics and Warriors are highly interested too and they have more cap space.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lakers will have only AD and KCP under firm contract in the summer - prolly ~40-60 + LBJ (on 40) who may take a paycut. Celtics have Kemba, Smart and Jaylen taking up 75. Warriors have the disgusting Wiggins deal and the other 3 to deal with. I don't see how they're so much better off.

Signing any of the flops available RN is mad counterproductive. I'd sooner believe they'd go for a different 2nd tier star if Giannis is not an option. Someone like Hayward, tho he's a glass boy. Or Lowry.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lol here we go. CP3 to Suns

OKC have 16 picks in the 1st round alone over the next 6 years.
It's madness.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans