6 - Gavi

Bobo32

I don't understand why Koeman doesn't call him to the team. We don't have a single player in our team who is good at the position of the only defensive player in the 4-3 -3 formation, except for Busquets, but Sergi is already getting old.

Frankie is not suitable for this position for many reasons. Ten Haag has said this many times.

So why doesn't Koeman call Orellana to the team?

ey boi keep it in one post, it becomes confusing otherwise
I think Orellana is good too from the little I saw of him - some weaknesses and a clear downgrade from Busquets of course, but he might be the best option as a replacement right now. Orellana was lost and signed again, I think he is one who should be given the right to show himself with Barcelona A!

ajnotkeith

It might be another case of Koeman dogma. Where he just becomes obsessed with a player and gives them chances no matter what.

Nico nor Gavi have shown anything special in any of the games they played with especially Nico playing quite poorly. I have always liked Jandro but it seems he is barely on the radar of Barca B let alone the first-team so my guess is he will do a couple years at B and be sold to some LaLiga team.

BusiTheKing

I see Gavi and Nico as very different players, though.

Gavi is better in tight spaces - probably a crack in rondos - but there is more thought behind Nico's actions. He's also a bit dull in his movement, though. Not exactly what you want in a midfielder in 2021.

Both of them seem like they are great in specific game situations but none of them seem like real players (yet) - sorry to say it.

There's also Txus Alba who we haven't had a chance to judge in a real game.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Wasn't sure we'd see a true Busi replacement but that's what I see in Nico, beggars belief really. Future is set with Gavi, Nico, Pedri & Puig operating in the middle of the pitch

Now the attacking players & wingbacks to sort out

ajnotkeith

The warning sign for me RE Nico is despite some nice highlights he didn't really make an impact in Segunda B last season and often found himself benched. To be Busi, at least near his prime, you should be controlling games and playing great line breaking passes.

Agree about Gavi, he seems like he has great technique and is probably great in training but the thought processes during games are off, normal, he's only 17, which is why this first team 8 talk is a bit extreme.

Porque

To be fair, if Gavi is being fast tracked it is because the whole coaching setup see alot of innate ability in him. More than the dime a dozen technical players that come through Spanish football.

Bobo32

Here is his latest u18 game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQMFcQGvxo
No mistakes this time what I saw, and a bit more involved and even dangerous a couple of times here (one lobbed attempt at a final ball, and one chance created because he anticipated the pass)

He really has a very clear preferrence for either playing the short 1-2, or to play the easy back/sideways pass. Not extremely thrilling player to follow so far, but I still like his sense of positioning without the ball and his technique.

Porque

Here is his latest u18 game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQMFcQGvxo
No mistakes this time what I saw, and a bit more involved and even dangerous a couple of times here (one lobbed attempt at a final ball, and one chance created because he anticipated the pass)

He really has a very clear preferrence for either playing the short 1-2, or to play the easy back/sideways pass. Not extremely thrilling player to follow so far, but I still like his sense of positioning without the ball and his technique.

I think he has attacking flair which is being curved either by tactics, confidence or both.

But from what I have seen, he is extremely quick in short spaces, has great positional sense and timing to intercept or tackle. In essence a very modern midfielder with coated with touches of La Masia.

I think this is why he is being groomed so quickly. He can develop to be a very complete midfielder. More so than Ilaix for example (or even Pedri) as it is natural for him to occupy the right spaces, and you can't teach that.

vegitot

Soon bench player for Barca. Puig puig. :lol:

Seems more ambitious guy though

17 but has half of Mavericky number of youth Spain apperances.

Remember when Mavericky's fans believe because he played for Barca B so Spain didn't call him up??? Well, Gavi played for Juvenil A and is captain of U18 Spain :mou:

Different level.

FinBarcelonafan

Remember when Mavericky's fans believe because he played for Barca B so Spain didn't call him up??? Well, Gavi played for Juvenil A and is captain of U18 Spain :mou:

Different level.

Yeah true. Gavi seems legit talent. Puig is the water carrier/mascot for the team. In other words, Sellll.

ajnotkeith

Playing for youth teams means nothing, plenty of trashcans who weren't even good enough for the Tercera have got youth caps with Spain. It really doesn't tell you a lot about how they cope at pro level.

JamDav1982

Different level.

Tenas playing for u21s when B team GK.

Garcia playing for Spain when not playing for City.

Was always an excuse for Puig being dumped from U21s as he was poor. Plenty players in same situation getting call ups.

Home of Barca Fans